+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, RM - Warranty issues in Technical; That is correct....

Thank Post
    That is correct.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zammo
    I expect:

a) A reasonable level of notice and information as to how and when the changes are taking place. Being told during the transition is not good enough in my eyes.
    Whilst I agree with this, RM announced years ago that they were no longer continuing with hardware warranties as of a certain date, if you didn't check thoroughly if they were transitioning, and as such would not be able to live up to the agreement which you thought you had throughout the contract, then that is YOUR fault not theirs. They gave ample warning, many many many times.
    b) The warranty that the school purchased to be honoured. This is currently not the case.
    See above, YOU should have checked, they made it known, you didn't follow up and look into things, they're not at fault, you are.

I don't believe my expectations are unreasonable. If you think they are, than we will have to agree to disagree...
    Looks like we are disagreeing because you didn't do your due diligence on the company properly.

As much as it makes me shudder to side with RM, they're completely in the right!

Thank Post
    When did they announce they had passed it to Kelway? Only way I found out was by asking myself. And I did follow their recent hardware announcement. I don't believe they have contacted anyone about it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,499 Posts
    You will still be rm customers kelway are just taking on all support services i.e taking the calls and deploying their engineers.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    When did they announce they had passed it to Kelway? Only way I found out was by asking myself. And I did follow their recent hardware announcement. I don't believe they have contacted anyone about it?
    The first I knew it was moving was when I called up about a replacement part under warranty and was told I'd have to wait a few days as all of their stock had been sent to another company. Then I got an email update from Kelway today about my parts being sent out.

Still not had anything from RM to tell us about the changes.

Thank Post
    I know when I spoke to our regional sales manager at BETT this year to find out some info about what was happening, I was told that they would be making a change, however current service levels would be maintained and that they would notify customers closer to the time with all the details. No mention in January about any potential downtime in warranty repairs. All I can say is thankfully we don't have many RM machines left with any warranty.

Thank Post
    We've been having the 2e2 / Kelway engineers for a while to do warranty calls having opted for the hardware only warranties. They've always been as good as the RM engineers who were very good. The problem I have with this is the lack of explanation for a two week gap in service calls. I logged a call and received a reply that this was now a chargeable call when the kit was under warranty. After chasing my account manager it turned out that they were moving contracts and that everything would be back to normal in a few days.
    I guessed that all their support work would go to a third party at some point but I don't see why they couldn't email the exact dates to customers with warranties or put a notice on the website where you log calls. Communication is still an issue for RM despite all of the improvements that have been made in other areas.

Thank Post
    Stock, spares, contracts all going over to Kelway. RM will still be selling warranties on the 3rd party kit they sell but using Kelway to deliver the service.

If the OP had called for service this week instead of last he wouldn't be any the wiser. It was just unlucky that he called when they were in the middle of the move. Atleast they timed it during school holidays. I called them to swap out a HD in a server this week. Raised the call in the afternoon, engineer on site at 9am the next day. Strangely I recognised him as an ex E2E engineer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12