+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, BT Versatility DDI Group routing to button in Technical; I've a bit of a puzzle to solve. I've got a Versatility with ISDN2 and an SN-DDI. I need this ...

Thank Post

BT Versatility DDI Group routing to button

I've a bit of a puzzle to solve. I've got a Versatility with ISDN2 and an SN-DDI. I need this DDI to ring as an incoming line on a dedicated button on several V8 phones. The only way I can think of doing this is to program the DDI to ring a new ring group (2) then allocate a 'group' button on the phone (Gp2 had E20 removed and E30 added). Unfortunately, this isn't the way that the 'group' button works - it's to ring the group.

Then tried to add an extension to the group (added E30 which is unused and removed E20) and program the key for E30. The key lights up red but of course the phone doesn't ring and the call can't be connected to. Anyone got any ideas?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    So you want a button to light up but no ringing for the users who have the button?

If so I don't remember a way of doing anything like that as it seems strange to me as how will users spot the button if they are not glued to watching it if the phones are not ringing.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want a button to light up but no ringing for the users who have the button?

If so I don't remember a way of doing anything like that as it seems strange to me as how will users spot the button if they are not glued to watching it if the phones are not ringing.

Thank Post
    No, what I need is for the specific button to light up and ring on the selected phones when I get an incoming call on the DDI and be able to answer the call.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Ok so a Ring Group is what you need as that will do the ringing of the phones and this explains it well - What are BT Versatility Ring Groups? | Help | BT Business

The extra button will be a problem as it will come in over your normal ISDN lines so it will light up one of the lines and I don't remember any config to allow you to program a key to show for that number as the buttons are for calling numbers / showing extension status / accessing features.

Thank Post
    Yep, that's exactly where I got to. The ringing isn't the problem, being able to identify the call as coming from the DDI number is!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread