+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Reccomend me some colour Lasers pls in Technical; Yeah I have HP 2300 never failed yet apart from refilling it lol...
    Thank Post

Re: Reccomend me some colour Lasers pls

Yeah I have HP 2300 never failed yet apart from refilling it lol

Thank Post

Just bought 2 Xerox Phaser 6100 DN Colour Lasers Network Ready Etc. from Insight
    www.uk.insight.com

Good Value @ £179

Roger

Thank Post

Xerox 8400n - Ameiva were recently giving them away (almost) as I presume they're going end of life. Running costs are amonst the lowest for colour laser and no messy toner either. There were working out at £250 all inc. so I jumped in.
    Have used Epson C900n for the last 2 years but wouldn't go there again personally - unreliable and very very expensive to run...
    PC Pro recently did an in depth test with the quoted running costs varying from about £1500 a year to over £5000. A Kyocera Mita and Xerox 8400 were the cheapest to run although not to buy....
    so I'd advise looking at the TCO rather than just the purchase price....

Thank Post

I have got 2 Xerox 8400 DTNs and I am finding them rather expensive to run. Mind you though I dont have any other colour lasers so I cant really compare them

Thank Post

We have just taken delivery of 4 Epson C1100 all network models. Not had any before so it will be a test.

I'll let you know of any feedback we have.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

We have HP CLJ 4600's and they are so costly to run when compaired to my new Toshiba Colour Copier (Toshiba E-Studio 3511 from Andy May @ Arena Group - 0871 2203023) Its so cheap to run and better quality for most jobs. For small use areas where we would have used a HP BIJ1100 we are now using Samsung CLP-500's they are as cheap to run as an ink and as cheap to buy, if not less than the HP BIJ.

Thank Post

At my school we have several colour lasers.
    The first one we got was a Konica Minolta DL 2300. This was used by the Sports Department to print off Photo's and posters as well as being used for admin stuff. It also came with built in networking.

Next reprographics wanted a new Colour laser as their old Oki one fell over and died. We thought the quality was great of the other Konica Minolta but we needed something beefy to take the workload. We got the A3 7300 with Duplexing for about £2500 + 5% rebate for Education. I heard that they also now throw in a free Mac Mini or additional Toner Pack.

The next one we bought was a Samsung CLP-510 for one person who wanted to splash out for their office. It cost around £190 and claims to be the quietest around. It also has built in DUPLEXING! For a Konica Minolta you need to pay almost £300 extra.

The next frontier was classrooms!!! We thought it was about time we had the option of colour printing in a few to really make work stand out and wanted to make colour, double-sided brochures easily as it is part of our GCSE. We liked some of the Konica Minolta's as they come with a Monochrome Driver and a Colour one so we could set the mono as default and only make the colour available when necessary. To get duplex though was to expensive so for £270 each (from www.misco.co.uk) we bought 3 Samsung CLP-510n. They have yet to arrive but the running costs are supposed to be around 5p for 25% colour on A4.

Thank Post

We have just taken delivery of a Brother HL-2700CN.

We lurrve Brother printers, so we'll see how this one works out

Andy.

Thank Post

Brother Printers *grrrr*. I've had nothing but trouble from all of them.

@Andy:- Get a good 3 or 5 year warranty on them.

We had a few HL-1240's and the older model, they were not too bad.

Technology wanted an A3 Colour Laser with Network built in. The HL-3450CN came to the rescue. What a money pit. 1st year ran fine as usual, and then it all started. It's now on it's 3rd Fuser Unit (about £450 each), oil and fuser cleaners get used soooo quickly and then there was a paper jam the other day which got glued to the soft rubber on the fuser rollers and now it needs another one at £450.

Needless to say I've condemmed it and we are looking for a new A3 Colour Laser / Inkjet.

Any recommendations there. I've got my eye on a Kyocera C8008N A3 Colour Laser. Seems very cheap to run with only the toners to replace, and originals are cheaper than non-genuine Brother.

The other option is an A3 Colour Inkjet, but the head of the CDT area is not too keen. I've got the HP Business InkJet 2800DTN short listed there, or the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 (A2 on a roll printer).

Any other good ones out there. Needs to be A3 Colour Networked.

Thanks.

Thank Post

We have 5 'proper' ones (workgroup, network ready, etc.) and loads of other 'littler' ones. All have been fantastic!

Andy.

Thank Post

HP 8500 good and robust. No problems with it a co I used to support.

Dont touch Kyocera. I used to work in a hospital and we bined most of them after 12 months cos they just kept on failing. Spent more time loggin calls to get them fixed than I did fixing things. Very bad news.

May be worth looking at Tally, got one in at the hospital gave it to the admin dept for all thier printing and it never broke. Was a little expensive.

Good hunting

Thank Post

@british-wave:

Off-topic but whats hospital work like? A network that *has* to work as opposed to *not life threatening* must be a biig change. I've considered working in the nearby hospital (if jobs are goin o course) but i worry about how mission/life critical it is at a hospital, compared to a school.

PM if preferable

Back on topic...

Management has gone out and got some compatable toners for some of the printers, inc the HP C. LJ. 4600n lucky there's no warranty left on it lol

Does anyone know if HP part exchange their printers i.e. so i can get rid of the beast-eating-toner-machine and get a more up-to-date one for a much reduced price? If anyone needs to ring HP, ask them for us ta

Regards
    Nath.

Thank Post

Working in the hospital was a nightmare. Fortunatly there were a lot of fail safes put in place clustered servers for the critical systems and a couple of backup switches in the store just in case one went down. Plus one big fat genny whch could run all the servers and dumb terminals as well as theatre and all the other machines. All PCs had to be turned off though in non critcal areas.

Must say it was fun but an adsolute nightmare when the main switch failed!!

Thank Post

@british-wave Sounds scarey to me. I get enough hassled here when a server goes down after school has ended, let alone servers running in hospitals. *shudders*

Does anyone know of a website to compare printer costs, TCO and other info like costs of toners, rollers etc? School is trying to decide to go for a replacement A3 Laser or Inkjet.

I've got my eye on the Kyocera 8008c.

Thank Post

www.kelkoo.co.uk

Misco are good prices etc.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12