+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Konica Minolta in Technical; Has anyone had any experience of using Konica Minolta printer support? Is their telephone support service any cop?...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Konica Minolta

Has anyone had any experience of using Konica Minolta printer support? Is their telephone support service any cop?

Thank Post
    I rolled out 35 managed Konica Minolta C35P printers throughout the school, the support is pretty good, saving the school a fairly large amount of money and the price per page is incredibly competitive.

Phone wise its not to bad, you usually get someone with average knowledge and they run through there list, if the issue isn't resolved they will send someone out within 4 hours.

Thank Post
    Not had to ring it as our printers have just worked.

Thank Post
    I have had to ring it a fair few times with our MFDs here and their supplied pcounter and embedded softwares, their call centres have changed locations a few times too over the years, I think that overall with experiences I have had, I would say support wise overall that it ranges from good to awful experience wise with them in all honesty, they can bounce it about if its technical and blame a department, like our pcounter embedded licensing not being renewed recently sticking them all on stop after they were left to expire was the fault of their German Licensing team apparently, despite me raising the issue some 2/3 months prior about our licence needing transferring from Trial to Proper on our new print server.

When your logging a call, their call centre I am informed now is based in Romania, which does make it a little hard to understand depending on the person you are speaking with and I find myself asking for things to be repeated multiple times if logging faults some times.

What you will find though, if you log a call and its something non-engineer related you will get people ringing you back from the UK to follow up and sort a lot of it, its the initial reporting bit that is on the foreign helpdesk, majority of the time here we are followed up with by an engineer/telephone call from the UK and that can range from good to bad as I have said.

Thank Post
    From my experience, it's been all excellent so far.

Thank Post
    It's been patchy for us. We have a couple of biz hub MFD and a couple of smaller printers and the MFD support has been OK, not great, but OK.

I've been passed around the building (possibly even the world) trying to get to the bottom of a scan to email issue. which turned out to be something in the config that does not use the same naming as the rest of the world, and once I'd been finally passed to the person who actually knew the answer it took 30 seconds.

I had an issue with the desktop printer support basically borking a printer so bad it had to go back under warranty. They were talking me through a FW update to resolve a colour quality issue and the FW they sent me wasn't the right one, but it attempted to flash anyway (poor programming!) and that was the end of it. Not impressed.

Thank Post
    No issues here in the past 3 years really - several large format MFDs, several regular MFDs, and all lasers throughout the school. Support calls are always speedily dealt with. If an engineer is needed on site, here within 48hrs tops, usually same day tho. Full accounted printing with cost centres per dept etc... email to print for mobile devices... scan to email, scan to mydocs etc all working fine... job ticketing to submit large complex jobs to our repro team...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks folks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread