+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Smartboard repairs - Recommendations please, Leicestershire area in Technical; One of my primary schools "unit" classrooms has had on going problems with their Smartboard I've tried everything I can ...

Thank Post

Smartboard repairs - Recommendations please, Leicestershire area

One of my primary schools "unit" classrooms has had on going problems with their Smartboard I've tried everything I can think of and believe it to be a hardware issue. Teacher is desperate to get it sorted as her pupils rely on it greatly. Can any one recommend someone to visit and quote/fix please. The school is in Leicestershire.

thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure you're limited to speaking to Steljes about it. Repairs are performed in Canada, so the board has to be shipped to them. Unless its under warranty, its nearly always more cost effective to get a new board.

However, that said, what are the symptoms you're seeing?

Thank Post
    I think its more of a connections issue not an actual problem with the board itself. It's one of the boards that can be moved up and down the wall with an integrated projector, think its the 600 series but can't remember off the top of my head. I think that with the environment that it is used it the board may have been yanked on quite forcefully in the past and caused an issue with the wires inside the top of the arm that is attached to the board from the projector. It projects the image from the pc, but no sound and not interactive. Sorry I seem to have lost my powers of description today :$

Thank Post
    Steljes is probably your best bet, Technical Support - Steljes They used to use a company called Equinox to send a Field Technician to swap out boards/projectors and repair them at their workshop in Tewksbury, not 100% sure they still use them but you could try contacting them direct if it is out of warranty perhaps Welcome to Equinox - Keeping IT working for you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread