+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, kyocera woes in Technical; Has anyone got these in their schools? We started replacing the old inkjets with them, we have the FS-C5150DN for ...

Thank Post

kyocera woes

Has anyone got these in their schools?
    We started replacing the old inkjets with them, we have the FS-C5150DN for classrooms and the FS-C5250DN in the admin office.

We have had them just over a year I think, and the FS-C5250DN has started to print really faint, even after a toner replacement?

On the Fs-C5150DN we have a CALL Service 7403:0006797 ?? Have took the toners out still same error, put them back in still no joy?

Thank Post
    We had a similar problem with a FS-C5300DN we have, it constantly printed faint, or didn't add as much of one of the toners as needed. We had to strip it down by removing the toners, then the toner holder and a load of rollers underneath where the toners go, and clear any waste toner off the toner sensors. It's a real pain.

Thank Post
    Agree with Dezt, we have over a dozen of these FS-C5150's for about two years now. When they start going feint (about every 6-12mths) they need stripping down and cleaning out, especially all the little electrical contacts. Luckily they are fairly easy to strip and with a bit of practice can be done in about 30 mins. The Service call 7403 is saying the sensor unit is detecting no output from the Magenta Developer unit, you can try cleaning all the contacts etc but in my experience with this exact same fault on several printers we have had to replace the Developer unit. Usually its the yellow Dev that goes first for some reason but I've also had the Magenta go once or twice if I remember correctly.

If you need detailed instructions on how to strip the printer then let me know and Il'll write up a basic guide, better yet PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the Service Manual as an attachment (8mb)
    Last edited by Techykev; 26th February 2014 at 12:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDLEA View Post
    Has anyone got these in their schools?
    We started replacing the old inkjets with them, we have the FS-C5150DN for classrooms and the FS-C5250DN in the admin office.

We have had them just over a year I think, and the FS-C5250DN has started to print really faint, even after a toner replacement?

On the Fs-C5150DN we have a CALL Service 7403:0006797 ?? Have took the toners out still same error, put them back in still no joy?
    This may sound silly, but have you checked wether or not EcoPrint has been turned on? We had two FS-C5150 that starting printing faintly, one was just out of warranty and the other I put a warranty call in. Engineer turned up and pointed out this fact, most embarassing especially as nothing had changed and we hadn't tweaked a thing. I just had to move one to another location, installed the drivers and once again, EcoPrint was switched on the driver on the client!!!

Pete

Thank Post
    I've e-mailed the manual, you may find the basic guide below useful:

Open the top and remove toners.

On LH side is a black plastic toner container guide, slide it forward and lift it out.

Underneath is a flap that opens (RFID holder)

On the opposite side you need to close the shutters on the toner inlets by sliding the yellow lever forward and remove the screw at the front of the shutters.

Now the whole transfer unit can be tilted and lifted out forwards.

Now you can remove the drum units by pressing the grey catches and lifting them out, the Developer units can be removed by pinching together the tabs on the LH side and lifting.

Thats as far as you should need to go, now clean everything with a clean cloth paying particular attention to any metal contacts.

Refit everything in reverse order, once back together run the maintenance menus to clean the drum units and developer units. You may have to adjust the colour calibration through the menu if it needs it.

Thank Post
    We had a similar problem with the FS-C8500DN. We were told that because we were being sent compatible toner rather than OEM it is more likely to block. Our service engineer stripped it bare, replaced all the insides and installed OEM cartridges. Been fine ever since.

Thank Post
    I agree that compatibles may be the cause, our toner supplier strongly disagrees (but then they would, wouldn't they :-)) however the money we save on toners (about 80% cheaper than original Kyocera toners) make it possible for us to replace all of our printers on a (roughly) three year basis. Also we have an excellent rapport with our suppliers, if a clean out doesn't fix it then they will collect and repair it for free usually. They also supply us with copies of the Service Manuals, collect all our old cartridges for recycling and give the printers a good cleanout/service/update firmware etc during holidays. We are in negotiations with them at present about them supplying us with new printers and we just pay for the toners, they will look after all maintenance apart from the basics - changing of toners and clearing jams.

Thank Post
    kyocera used to be really good at providing the tools for your own servicing and firmware upgrades this is now sadly not the case anymore unless anyone else can correct me..

Thank Post
    Slightly off topic but two years ago we also purchased a Kyocera FS-C2126MFP, uses the same toners I believe. After three months it gave a similar call service error to the first post, I think it was the same Magenta Developer error now that I think about it. Anyhoo as it was so new it was a warranty call to Kyocera, engineer turned up, took a look and saw that we were using compatibles. Kyocera didn't want to know after that (not the engineers fault, its just that Kyocera wouldn't authorise swapping parts to diagnose the problem. After all they make more money selling toner than they do selling the actual printers) and used it as an excuse not to carry on with the repair. Our toner supplier stepped in and took the printer away and deep cleaned/serviced it, returned it a few days later all working again. Its been OK ever since then, over 18 mths use with no problems at all (now I've said it, it'll probably break down next week!!).

Thank Post
    Ahhh we have a lot of experience with this !!!

The problem is toner not getting through to the dev unit.

You get either the code 7403 or faint prints or one colour not printing.

Kyocera have a mod kit available to dealers but it takes hours to fit so no one can be bothered ( us included ) and all it does is improve the opening of the cartridge door.

This is not 100% of the cure

The compat toner is less fluid ( tech term ) and simply is clogging up .

( taking the printer for a bumpy ride in a trolley does work )

But the toner powder will pack down again , usually over the school hols !!

We are trying some new chemical toner .... that should be a low cost solution

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread