+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Can't access web interface to Jetdirect anymore in Technical; Hi, We have a couple of HP Jetdirect 170x boxes around the school connected to a HP 4200 and a ...

Thank Post

Can't access web interface to Jetdirect anymore

Hi,

We have a couple of HP Jetdirect 170x boxes around the school connected to a HP 4200 and a HP Plotter. I was just trying to log in to one to reconfigure its IP address when I moved the printer's location and I can't get in.

The four panels you normally see when connecting to the web interface begin to load. I see the Java logo and the spinning circle and then I get four error messages (all the same) for each panel.

The error states:
    Application Blocked by Security Settings
    Name: linkTabs
    Your Security Settings have blocked an untrusted application from running

I have to click ok four times and the page loads with "Error - Click here for details" in each of the panels. When I click that I get the same error message and a details button. When I click the details button I get a Java Console load up with the following text:
    Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13
    Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Users\Kevin

This is what I get when trying it from my laptop which is Windows 7 and not on the domain in the school. I tried using Firefox 26, Chrome and IE 11.

I thought it was something to do with Windows 7 or the fact I'm not on the domain (don't remember this being an issue before) so I tried it on a Windows XP machine that I had just formatted and re set up. It was fully up to date but I get the same error again even though I'm logged in as an admin. And again I tried the usual three browsers.

Does anyone know if this is a browser thing, a Windows thing or something else configured on the network or the server?

Thanks for any ideas

Kevin

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah, Java. Such a pain in the arse. The latest version has blocked unsigned applications.

Open the Java control panel applet. Go to the Security tab. Press Edit Site List and type http://ipaddress into the box. You'll need to do that for each JD server you have.

3. 2 Thanks to Norphy:

KevWCFE (5th February 2014), mac_shinobi (5th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Yup Java Update 51 is a PITA. You will have to add ALL addresses which run java now and wildcards dont work either.

Thank Post
    Thanks Norphy. This has been driving me nuts....and here I was updating Java to see if that would help...ha!

I did as you suggested and it now allows the web interface to load...not without the warning of danger Will Robinson of course! I just clicked run and I can configure to my hearts content.

Thanks again and to Timbo too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread