+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Canon CanoScan in Technical; Hi guys. We've a bunch of static Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 scanners that I need to get to scan directly ...
    Thank Post

Angry Canon CanoScan

Hi guys.

We've a bunch of static Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 scanners that I need to get to scan directly to a network drive on their respective machines.
    I've had a play around with the Directory and Scanner settings, but they only seem to have an effect for the user currently logged in. Any number of users could be using the scanners, so this isn't ideal as I'd have to change directory settings for everyone that wanted to use them. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Tom

EDIT: If saving to the Network isn't doable, the C drive is cool, too.
    Last edited by TomDrummer; 4th February 2014 at 09:20 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomDrummer View Post
    We've a bunch of static Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 scanners that I need to get to scan directly to a network drive on their respective machines.
    Set each scanner up with its own cheap, second-hand PC from eBay or similar, and set that PC to auto log-on and load up the scanning software. Have an AutoIt script that looks out for the scanning software operating and presses the appropriate buttons to save the file and move on to the next one. Have everything save to a network folder where pupils can read files but not write, and have it remove files older than a couple of days or so.

Thank Post
    Can you do a capture of the registry changes that take place, then import these via a GPP for every user? I'd imagine that the setting is fairly simple - it could also be a static file in the profile which you could deploy but that seems less likely.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    Can you do a capture of the registry changes that take place, then import these via a GPP for every user? I'd imagine that the setting is fairly simple - it could also be a static file in the profile which you could deploy but that seems less likely.
    I would, but the registry setting I changed is in HKEY_LOCALUSER or whatever it's called. The settings won't transfer to other users,apparently. My NM is better at this stuff than I, I'll bring it up with him

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread