+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, iDesk in Technical; Originally Posted by gwendes Twice I have had replacement parts arrive without contact followed shortly, again twice, by an engineer ...
    Thank Post

Re: iDesk

Quote Originally Posted by gwendes
    Twice I have had replacement parts arrive without contact followed shortly, again twice, by an engineer to fit the parts.

This is how it works so as to not to waste the engineers time...

You report the fault.

The fault gets raised.

The part gets dispatched to your school

Engineer confirms part on site

Engineer then comes onsite and repairs problem and uses the part if necessary...

Walla... Fault fixed and no wasted time with "it needs a part, i'll have to come back" stories...

Thank Post

Just to clarify in case it's necessary, we have no outstanding faults with our iDesks which need the company's attention and in general I would say I have been happy with their products.

Thank Post

I know I’m new here and still finding my way around, so apolgy's if I'm talking out of turn, but need to make a few comments about I-desks.

We have had I-desks for over 4 years and for 99% of the time have had excellent service from I-desk.
    We too researched the market and we wanted something that was safe secure and flexible and I-desk fulfill all those needs.
    Yes, we have had the odd problem, but you expect that with IT…..is that not what we professional’s expect!!
    But I-desk have always responded quickly and the problem always resolved sometimes not quite as quickly as we would have wished, (That’s why they only get 99%) but always to our complete satisfaction.

I’d like to respond to a few points made by “Gwendes”, who I’m sure is an IT professional and must be very good at his / her job, but did you not think to do a quick google for the power supplies?
    i-desk power supplies ARE standard, I’ll be pleased to send you several links for various PSU suppliers, but there’s little to choose price wise from those found on the internet or those that i-desk can supply.
    And with i-desk you have the added advantage knowing that you have exactly the right product for the job.
    DVD drives are NOT bolted to the cassette case, but screwed in and are easy to replace, we have done this several times without any problem or trouble.
    Kids being what they are …….posting coins and all sorts of rubbish in the DVD drives means they need to be replaced, so the last lot of I-desks we bought don’t have any DVD drives.
    All our I-desks have 2 USB ports to the front and our new I-desks have an additional 2 x USB to the desk top, (Attached to the monitor arm……how neat is that!)
    So “Gwendes” if your “I-desk” only has one USB, and your DVD drive is BOLTED to the case, are you sure you even have I-desks??

i-desk like any supplier today has to be competitive and respond to problems quickly, I know from conversations I’ve had with Steve Morgan at I-desk that there have been a lot of changes at I-desk, but there’s no point in grumbling on a website like this, talk to them, tell them what the problem is and they will sort it out.
    They always have for us!

We recently had some of the earlier I-desks upgraded , with new motherboards, memory and hard-drives and we were quoted a competitive price for i-desk to do all the work.
    The work was done quickly and professionally and Steve Morgan was very helpful in making sure that everything went smoothly and without any hitches.
    We are very pleased with the results.
    My advice to anyone with a problem would be
    Don’t grumble, pick up the phone and contact Steve Morgan….he is pleasure to do business with and gets things done!

We now have three rooms with a total of 60 I-desks and are so pleased are looking to have more………….
    Lifes too short to worry about IT, get a life…………get i-desks

Thank Post

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I am sure the head of your school is happier knowing you take the time to contact us or CCE direct rather than post comments on the web and not contact us, CCE or me at all, after all it gets things moving forward much quicker.

I wish everyone would see the most important thing is that we get everything working so we can ensure the highest number of students can learn, that is what we're all in this business for isn't it?

Thanks again for the positive feed back.

Regards,

Steve

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Our establishment has recently installed several iDesk units, and this has been a complete disaster. I was wondering if anyone else out there has come across this company and had a similar experience.
    I am now locking this thread but leaving it it in situ as an example of how a single non-descript yet damaging comment can cause chaos and potential legal consequences. Not only to the company who has had had their reputation dented but to us for allowing the kind of situation that we should be avoiding after the Sophos incident (for our newer members please just search for edugeek on The Register). I am going to say this again. If you are going to complain about a company or product then please keep it relevant. Tell us EXACTLY what the problem is and how it affects you.
    Please keep in mind that corporate sabotage is not unheard of and almost anonymous posts such as this means that we must moderate our forums a lot more sternly perhaps. Anyway. The post is now locked.

So there.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information