+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Hp Pro 600 G1 Driver Problem - WDS in Technical; BUMP......
    Thank Post
    BUMP...

Thank Post
    It has to eb a driver issue at some stage, after soem further reading there are a few people with the same problem. The issue is only on that other thread did there seem to be an actual answer that might be right, ebcause they mentioned all the driver .infs and adding them to the .wim but making sure you had certain ones because some simply didnt work.

They mention driver issues again here Hp ProDesk600 G1 - Integrated Intel® I217LM preboot driver | Symantec Connect Community but the link to the "working" drivers doesn't seem to work for me.

Dell Latitude E7440 support for Windows PE4 - Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums it is mentioned in post #5 exactly what .inf the guy uses, so you could check you definitely have that oen in your wim and that it wasn't one of the ones that failed to install.

You have definitely both added them to the "Drivers" folder for want of a better word and then added it to your capture .wim

How many of these desktops do you have?

3. Thanks to Achandler from:

gmonks (17th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    It has to eb a driver issue at some stage, after soem further reading there are a few people with the same problem. The issue is only on that other thread did there seem to be an actual answer that might be right, ebcause they mentioned all the driver .infs and adding them to the .wim but making sure you had certain ones because some simply didnt work.

They mention driver issues again here Hp ProDesk600 G1 - Integrated Intel® I217LM preboot driver | Symantec Connect Community but the link to the "working" drivers doesn't seem to work for me.

Dell Latitude E7440 support for Windows PE4 - Petri IT Knowledgebase Forums it is mentioned in post #5 exactly what .inf the guy uses, so you could check you definitely have that oen in your wim and that it wasn't one of the ones that failed to install.

You have definitely both added them to the "Drivers" folder for want of a better word and then added it to your capture .wim

How many of these desktops do you have?
    3 desktops so not many just don't want to have a different approach (ie. ghost) for one set of machines. I'll see what I can do from reading those links and get back to you next week. Thanks for your help.
    George.

Thank Post
    Hello,

I have 25 HP 600 G1s and have been struggling to get them to image. I'm trying to deploy an image to them rather than capture one, as the poster was, but my issue seems rather similar:

WDS is running on Server 2008 R2
    Choose network boot

Machine gets IP from DHCP
    Machine gets a response from your WDS server
    You hit F12
    You choose what to boot up (Deployment Image)
    The black loading screen shows with the boot.wim loading at the bottom
    I very briefly see the green progress bar screen, then the blue splash screen with "Setup is Starting"
    Then the pop-up: "Install Winows - WDSClient: An error occurred while starting networking: a matching network card driver was not found in this image. Please have your Administrator add the network driver for this machine to the Windows PE image on the Windows Deployment Services server."
    Get 3 brews and die a little inside.

I've downloaded all of the drivers from HP's site and from Intel's site. I trying to install Win7 x64 Enterprise. Grabbing new drivers and adding packages is a process with which I'm intimately familiar as I've been through it with a dozen different models of desktops and laptops but this issue is a first for me. My associate suggested trying the x86 drivers and I'm close enough to the end of my rope that I just might. gmonks, did you ever find success or did you go for a different approach?

Thanks!

Last edited by jessee; 5th June 2014 at 04:05 PM.

Thank Post
    Has anyone had any success with trying to deploy an image with this? We have just got the HP Pro 600 G1, and trying to deploy an image to it but we are getting this error message PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_153A&SUBSYS_18E7103C&REV_04

Thank Post
    One of my colleagues had a huge number of issues finding the right driver for the HP devices. Have you tried all of the drivers on one build? I know it can be a bit of a pain, but eventually it worked for him.
    @Matty94 that message is just telling you what the device is, Ven_8086 is Intel, and the Dev_153A is the Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM

Thank Post
    HTCPCP, I've tried every driver from both the HP and Intel sites. Matty94, still no luck but supposedly our sales rep has HP engineers on the job trying to find a solution for us.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12