+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Dell Inspiron Keyboard Issue in Technical; Good Afternoon Edugeek Community I have a Dell inspirion 1545 sat in front of me with a keyboard issue.... Before ...

Thank Post

Dell Inspiron Keyboard Issue

Good Afternoon Edugeek Community

I have a Dell inspirion 1545 sat in front of me with a keyboard issue.... Before you make your mind up, This is what the problem is and this is the solutions i have taken to try and rectify it.

All Keys work on the Keyboard except C, D, E, 3, F2 now its look a little suspicious on how these keys are all directly above each other... Right?

So, i have tried, Removing and re installing Keyboard in normal mode as well as safe mode, I have removed regional language from UK to US International.. still nothing, I have Upgraded the Bios to Dells Latest..... However, F2 doesn't work in Bios either..... So one would assume its a Keyboard fault? Right? No, i have bought a brand new keyboard, still canít hit F2 in bios, i have installed Ubuntu, and that DOES NOT see, C, D, E, 3, F2..... i have completely and utterly run out of things to look for.... i have cleaned up the Pins where the keyboard stip connects to but.... I am at a utter loss now...

Ohhh forgot to mention - i have plugged a USB Keyboard in and everything is fine!

Can anyone else suggest anything? or is it time for this laptop to have a new owner!!

Regards

Fozzy

Thank Post
    Sound like the laptops needs a new MB if you bought a new keyboard and doing the same thing! Have you got the same model of laptop to try the keyboard in that to see if it's doing the same?

Thank Post
    maybe the internal socket is faulty. use some air duster and check the solder joints & maybe wet them with the soldering iron.

Thank Post
    I can't remember what type they are but the last Dell i had with this problem had 4 or 5 identical components below the connector on the motherboard, one had failed, with the right kit they are easy and cheap to fix.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread