+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Inventory of whole school - what to use? in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    Our last quote was £2500 in 2012, but we had a complex 3 academy setup with barcode labels, and handheld barcode scanners and a 10 editor licence, so it is likely to be cheaper for a standard school
    Last edited by Oaktech; 16th January 2014 at 12:58 PM.

Thank Post
    +1 for School Asset Manager - we used to try to maintain a spreadsheet but it was a nightmare... We had a demo of it a few years ago but it was too expensive, but they dropped their prices last year so we saw it again and went for it... It's handy just being able to make changes or additions from several devices anywhere...

Happy to talk through it if you've got questions...

Thank Post
    At my old school we used Selectamark. You stick the stencil on your item, use a coloured compound to paint over the holes and then remove the stencil. We had our's with the school name, the post code and a sequential number. This number then refers back to a spreadsheet where you can have whatever information you want e.g. model number, serial number, room, floor, teacher, purchased from, price paid, warranty information etc. Quick and easy way to see the item number and refer back to the spreadsheet when moving equipment around school. With the compound, you can permanently security mark light plastics, dark plastics, aluminium (iPads, iMacs), glass etc. Great product at a great price and also has the added benefit of a visible deterrent from thieves as everything is security marked. I have tried using sharp implements to try and scratch off the stuff and it is very difficult and leaves a huge mess where you have tried to scrape it away. I have now purchased it at my new school and will be doing the same thing again.

4. Thanks to Satvir from:

speckytecky (23rd March 2014)

Thank Post
    G-SmartAssets here, Asset Tracking, Asset Management Software, Stock Control Software | Barcoding Cloud based I think it was less that £100. Asset reports are very easy. Bulk upload available though a bit fiddly. So you can use your net tool to find out what it can and add the rest. Or upload your existing spreadsheet. We needed to add monitors, software, warranty and support agreements (Yes, remember these are assets too!), projectors, scanners, printers, Digital signage, infrastructure actives, UPS, KVM server room solutions, IWB, voting systems, Smart tables, Flasma, Laptop trolleys, tablets and more. All with the original cost, Date of purchase etc. More importantly the location too. Your network discovery tools just don't do the job. A good start but no more. You can also delegate access. So the SBM could have read only access of everything or you could give the Science dept the option to manage their own kit so if they move stuff they can update the register. You can also schedule Proactive and Preventative Maintenence tasks (Cleaning Projector filters every 1/2 term say) and it will track the tasks and you can pull off a maintenence history of any peice of kit. You can attach documents to assets. That could be the proof of purchase for a warranty or a Transfer of Waste note for WEEE disposal and it will also track what you decommission too.

The only advice I would give is like any Database, think carefully about the structure before you start uploading assets. Particularly what fields to include for the assets and your location heirachy. Data Intergrity is everything. The good thing is if you are farming out the data capture this is made easier as once you have input a particular asset, (projector/epson/EX82) those will appear from a drop down list for subsequent entries.

If you have a few people updating it, no problem. No sharing violations or checking out the spreadsheet for version management.
    Last edited by GeekyPete; 16th January 2014 at 02:15 PM.

6. Thanks to GeekyPete from:

speckytecky (16th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi Rick,
    Thank you for your positive input regarding our product. Please feel free to push any responses that you get back to me if you need to, and indeed any questions that you may have!
    Thankyou,
    Dave

Thank Post
    school asset manager all the way

9. Thanks to robjduk from:

SchoolAssetManager (7th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi

We are currently comparing school asset manager and Parago. Both have strengths and weaknesses so struggling to make a decision.

For people that use school asset manager.
    1. How do you complete audits? Parago has a really nice feature on there app where you tick them off then get a report of any missing assets. As far as I can see SAM only gives you a list.
    2. Do you like the location view? As far as I can see it's just the folder like view.

For people that use Parago.
    1. Do you hit the limit on the image upload? 500mb

Thanks

Thank Post
    + School Asset Manager , just moved to it from asset i . QR code stickers and a mobile app so you don't need a 3rd party zapper. The reporting are excellent.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robjduk View Post
    school asset manager all the way
    I would like to get this in the US.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We currently use manige engine which also acts as a service desk

Thank Post
    Hi,
    We are currently marketing School Asset Manager in the USA and have been over to demonstrate in Florida recently.
    Please PM me your contact details and I will arrange for a demo over the phone with our training department.
    Thankyou,
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    We are currently marketing School Asset Manager in the USA and have been over to demonstrate in Florida recently.
    Please PM me your contact details and I will arrange for a demo over the phone with our training department.
    Thankyou,
    Dave

Thank Post
    Hi,
    If you would like to PM me with your details I will arrange for one of our trainers to give you a call and talk you through the features available currently but more importantly for these questions the functionality we have available on the new version of our app.
    Thankyou
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    If you would like to PM me with your details I will arrange for one of our trainers to give you a call and talk you through the features available currently but more importantly for these questions the functionality we have available on the new version of our app.
    Thankyou
    Dave

Thank Post
    I'm in the process of creating a service myself, more functionality than the others at a cheaper price. With apps for Windows Phone, iOS and Android. I'll be posting on here when it's nearly finished for some feedback if thats ok.

The price a couple of our academys paid for their current asset management software is just silly.
    Last edited by nathan; 24th March 2014 at 11:22 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoolAssetManager View Post
    Hi,
    Thankyou
    Dave
    Any ETA on the App? Days, Weeks or Months. Really need this feature.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolAssetManager View Post
    Hi,
    Thankyou
    Dave
    Any ETA on the App? Days, Weeks or Months. Really need this feature.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi,
    It's in Beta now. If you are currently trialling us then it is available for evaluation.
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    It's in Beta now. If you are currently trialling us then it is available for evaluation.
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Dave

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast