+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hardware Thread, Budget HTPC/Steam Box Spec in Technical; Erk. Glad I didn't outright recommend it, but the reviews did! Cases can be a lottery - I went through ...

Thank Post
    Erk. Glad I didn't outright recommend it, but the reviews did! Cases can be a lottery - I went through a few until I bought my Antec Sonata II. The quality, design and build were so good I've stuck with it for years, but even that came with a PSU from a huge faulty batch, which Antec replaced under the three year warranty with a much higher spec model FOC.

As a result, we have many Antecs here, with good results even on the cheapies.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    Erk. Glad I didn't outright recommend it, but the reviews did! Cases can be a lottery - I went through a few until I bought my Antec Sonata II. The quality, design and build were so good I've stuck with it for years, but even that came with a PSU from a huge faulty batch, which Antec replaced under the three year warranty with a much higher spec model FOC.

As a result, we have many Antecs here, with good results even on the cheapies.
    Yeah I'm really disappointed with the case, it's the first BitFenix I've had but I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm going to keep an eye on the temps and may end up replacing it.

Oh, one thing I didn't mention, the dimensions published for the case are wrong. I know this because I had specifically looked at cases that would fit in to my TV unit. They say it's 330mm tall - it's actually tapered, from 325mm at the back to 350mm at the highest point. It doesn't fit where it was intended to.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Do you have a picture to show us at all?
    A picture of what, the insides? I didn't take any photos and to be honest with you I have no intentions of opening the damn thing unless I absolutely have to - it very nearly got thrown in the bin the second time the IO leads detached. You have to connect them before you put the HDD caddy in, otherwise you can't reach, but as they're so short if you knock the side panel away from it's position balancing along the side of the case even slightly, they all get pulled out. I can't face it again this week!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,017 Times in 1,466 Posts
    Blog Entries
    haha, ok, no worries...sounds like one to miss!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    haha, ok, no worries...sounds like one to miss!
    Definitely. Having built a couple of machine in Coolermaster Elite 120 cases, I can safely say this case is badly designed; those cases are also SFF but so well laid out they were a cinch to install, routing was some of the easiest I've come across, installing drives was simple... can't say the same for this mess of a thing.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised you've not sent it back under the 14 day distance selling regs, particularly if it doesn't fit where it's meant to. Guess you just can't face dismantling it, huh

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    I'm surprised you've not sent it back under the 14 day distance selling regs, particularly if it doesn't fit where it's meant to. Guess you just can't face dismantling it, huh
    Yeah plus with part of it breaking off in my hand (just the clip to hold the 5.25" face plate) I figured they'd refuse to take it

Thank Post
    Started a new thread here

OK, a problem has reared it's ugly head and it sounds like it's a common one with AMD GPUs.

Every now and then (usually when watching a video or if I change the input on my TV) I get a BSOD. Examining the minidump, atikmdag.sys appears to be the root, suggesting some issue with the GPU.

I've tried numerous fixes I've found online, including reinstalling drivers, registry hacking the TdrDelay value, underclocking the GPU. None seem to have worked (though I thought TdrDelay had as the problem went away for a whole day)

Next step is to try removing a stick of RAM as that's been reported to work but if that is the only fix, this card is going back. Ridiculous compromise.

Any regular AMD users experienced this issue and if so, do you know of a reliable fix?

Started a new thread here
    Last edited by LosOjos; 27th January 2014 at 11:00 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123