+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Zoostorm? in Technical; 6 months ago I hadn't heard of them. The prices seem good for desktops and tablets. I see that they ...
    Thank Post

Zoostorm?

6 months ago I hadn't heard of them.

The prices seem good for desktops and tablets. I see that they also re-badge Clevo chassis laptops (same as the RM Notebook 210 and others, Fujitsu LCD panels etc).

Does anyone have any experince of them before we consider buying from them? Good or bad. Particularly interested in aftersales as they only offer RTB warranties which looks like it could prove expensive. They only cover the the shipping 30 days after purchase and won't take your diagnosis over the phone. Dell and others will atleast go through it with you on the phone and then send the part to fit yourself.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic pieces of kit! Never failed to be impressed by them. Actually seem to use good quality components inside and everything is clean and very well cable managed. Seriously good value for money IMHO. My only gripe is I've never found a suitable ultra-small form factor model by them other wise I'd use them more here. mATX cases are a little too bulky for desktop PC's. Never had to contact them for support so can't comment, other than the kit I've had from them (touch wood) has always been reliable enough not to need it.

Thank Post
    We bought 30 of these in may. I have not had to even look at them since, we have 3 years on site warranty on every single one for a cost of around 26 per unit.

I'm actually looking at ordering over 100 more in the new year.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    My only gripe is I've never found a suitable ultra-small form factor model by them other wise I'd use them more here. mATX cases are a little too bulky for desktop PC's. .
    See the problem I have with SFF is that once the warranty runs out, (like most of mine have here) the components are almost impossible to replace. Most have bespoke motherboards and PSU's.

Anyway this is going off topic, . tldr:Zoostorm +1 form me.

Thank Post
    Have bought my dearest a Zoostorm tablet for xmas, seems to be cheap and cheerful. Have had products from them before such as PC's and never had a problem. The tablet I Have bought is no different in quality as others ones Ive seen and used.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We are a Zoostorm reseller if you need a competitive price. I have many happy Zoostorm customers and a lot are actually Edugeekers.

Solid kit and very reasonably priced.

Chris

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    We are a Zoostorm reseller if you need a competitive price. I have many happy Zoostorm customers and a lot are actually Edugeekers.

Solid kit and very reasonably priced.

Chris
    ^^This is where I brought mine^^

Thank Post
    Put 30 of the SFF units in during the summer, and haven't yet had any problems with them. Tidier pieces of kit than you may expect as well.

Thank Post
    I did find the PSU Fans to be overly noisy in the ones I have worked with, even to the extent that one customer could not keep it on the desk as it resonanted too much.

Rob

Thank Post
    I have heard about the fans thing, its in on-line reviews too about the fans. Not that it bothers everybody.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Got a couple of them at my last school, for the IT team, and whilst the PCs were fine, they were cheap and cheerful. The cases were fairly flimsy with a couple of pointy/sharpish bits. Decided not to buy any more, as other manufacturers can offer better quality for the same price.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the feedback, Definately worth trying out.

Thank Post
    We have some of the larger tower PCs. The internal components are Asus, so great quality. The cases of the model we have probably wouldn't be tough enough in a classroom environment, but are brilliant for home/office use. The slim line PCs look much tougher though (going by the pictures online).

Haven't tried the after sales support, but then we haven't needed it. Some of ours we just used as a base, and added other components that we needed. We added a graphics card, blueray writer and ssd. The components are all standard, so it wouldn't be a problem supporting it yourself.

In terms of performance, these are great value for money.

Thank Post
    Wouldn't recommend them for anything with android on it... My wife's play tab is crashy-as. I have a play play TV box which I had a problem with - it crashed a lot - they told to update it and sent me an ftp for new firmware. I flashed it as directed and it broke the dlna player, they have since told me that me that the box is not supported any more. It's still under warranty and they won't take it back as it's not got the original firmware on it! Ffs!

Thank Post
    We bought 200ish in the summer - no problems at all with them and they are all in use in suites. We don't tend to get any major vandalism if any at all - not sure how well they would cope if the kids starting messing with them properly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast