+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hardware Thread, New PC £500 Budget - What shall I do?! in Technical; http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2rNwi I just built that, its silent and fast. It costs around 500 at the moment, the mobo is cheaper ...

Thank Post
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2rNwi

I just built that, its silent and fast. It costs around 500 at the moment, the mobo is cheaper at currys but partpicker are an amazing website for price comparison.

Monitor wise: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B.../?tag=ho01f-21 83 quid for a very sweet monitor.

Sign up for a free months of amazon prime as well. I would literally get everything from amazon apart from the mobo, I would get that from currys and you can go and collect it from any currys or pc world.

Under 600 and you will have a really good PC. My lowest windows rating is 6.7, which is for graphics. The cpu has graphics and no need for a dedicated graphics card. Im not a gamer at all, I just do a lot of browsing and watching movies.

To build this it took like 30 mins, and it was a lot of fun.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    But no SSD? I'd really thoroughly recommend one as a boot drive... you know, if your budget can stretch...
    Just so you know, this is all your fault, I've just ordered and ended up tagging a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD onto my order!!

What have you done!?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    Just so you know, this is all your fault, I've just ordered and ended up tagging a 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD onto my order!!

What have you done!?
    Ah you'll love it, SSDs are to hard drives what broadband was to dial up... you are going to be blown away first time you get this PC up and running you should get yourself some good lookin' games lined up to play first, so you can appreciate how gorgeous gaming on PCs is, especially compared to PS3/360. Crysis 3 or Witcher 2 would be good places to start, IMHO, they are beautiful to look at. Skyrim modded to the nth degree can look beautiful as well, though a bit more faff doing that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Ah you'll love it, SSDs are to hard drives what broadband was to dial up... you are going to be blown away first time you get this PC up and running you should get yourself some good lookin' games lined up to play first, so you can appreciate how gorgeous gaming on PCs is, especially compared to PS3/360. Crysis 3 or Witcher 2 would be good places to start, IMHO, they are beautiful to look at. Skyrim modded to the nth degree can look beautiful as well, though a bit more faff doing that.
    I'm starting with DayZ end of. Hahah need to get onto Fibre Broadband now so I have a decent speed to download games!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234