+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Startech USB Dock - Slow monitor refresh rate on IE in Technical; Hi all, Having a really weird problem here with a Startech USBVGADOCK2 , in which when the user is working ...
    Thank Post

Startech USB Dock - Slow monitor refresh rate on IE

Hi all,

Having a really weird problem here with a Startech USBVGADOCK2, in which when the user is working via the dock, and she launches IE - IE loads up but it can take 5 minutes or so for the contents of the page to be displayed. When using the laptop away from the dock it works fine. As a test I have tried the dock plugged in with the laptop screen still running and there is a serious time delay between the external monitor and the laptop monitor (thus far into starting this thread, the external monitor is still showing a blank text box and the laptop monitor is fine).

Everything else on the laptop works fine, the only issue is when using IE.

The laptop is on Win 7 Pro (64bit) and currently on IE9 - but I have also tried it running with IE10 and IE11. I have tried new dock drivers and new display drivers with no luck. I have tried a different monitor, no luck. BIOS update, no luck. I've done all the usual virus scans etc just to be sure, and the laptop came up clean.

I have tested the dock on another laptop and the dock works fine - I have tested another dock (same type) on this laptop and the problem still persists, so it has to be an issue with this laptop - any ideas?

The solver of the issue will be rewarded greatly (it's more likely that you'll just a thanks, but think how good you'll feel for helping me out).
    Last edited by gtg93; 10th December 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Thank Post
    Funnily enough, sorted this just by resetting the users local profile - problem still persisted on the admin account so never imagined this to be the problem.... strange :S

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread