+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Hardware Thread, What is this? in Technical; Hello all, I have found this Circuit board of some sort. If you can would you be able to identify ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    19

    What is this?


  2. #2

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,314
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 313 Times in 234 Posts
    Rep Power
    171
    I can't give you any definitive answer but I'd guess at it been a blank pin out board of some sorts.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    890
    Thank Post
    94
    Thanked 165 Times in 140 Posts
    Rep Power
    50
    Being Marconi, I would suggest something related to broadcasting...TV, Satellite, Radio

  4. #4
    cpjitservices's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hessle
    Posts
    2,605
    Thank Post
    544
    Thanked 301 Times in 277 Posts
    Rep Power
    85
    Definitely this.... Although Marconi Do make Networking Equipment such as switches too. Considering it has the words Frequency on it seems to be make it some sort of board for a broadcasting device.

    Quote Originally Posted by MYK-IT View Post
    Being Marconi, I would suggest something related to broadcasting...TV, Satellite, Radio

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Okay cheers, my mate said they were worth the big price of £7. Those pictures were directly from the playground
    Last edited by kieransaul; 9th December 2013 at 04:21 PM.

  6. #6

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,768
    Thank Post
    1,510
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by kieransaul View Post
    Okay cheers, my mate said they were worth the big price of £7. Those pictures were directly from the playground
    How could he value them without knowing what they were?

  7. #7

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,222
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    559

  8. #8

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,570
    Thank Post
    1,652
    Thanked 506 Times in 309 Posts
    Rep Power
    221
    COMPUTER RECOGNITION SYSTEMS GEMINI PC-3 8937-0000 894
    Some form of PCB from a Gemini Micro PC

    Also seeing similarities with -

    Computer Recognition Systems 8937 0000 Gemini PC 3 PCB Biorad Quaestor Q7 | eBay

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    How could he value them without knowing what they were?
    I don't know either, because they don't have a model number on.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S
    Some form of PCB from a Gemini Micro PC

    Also seeing similarities with -

    Computer Recognition Systems 8937 0000 Gemini PC 3 PCB Biorad Quaestor Q7 | eBay
    I can see the similarities!

    I would like to see what the PCB is from, but we can't has the model hasn't been printed onto it. But researching the company what is in the post by @sparkeh suggested that it came from Alenia Marconi Systems LTD.
    According to there Wikipedia page the PCB could of been to into production on ATC Equipment, Air Defense Systems, Airport Infrastructure, Command on Control, Communication Systems, Data Links, Simulators and radar. The company dissolved into BAE systems.

    Interesting...

    Kieran
    Last edited by kieransaul; 9th December 2013 at 06:59 PM.

  10. #10

    twin--turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    2,334
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 381 Times in 340 Posts
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by kieransaul View Post
    I don't know either, because they don't have a model number on.



    I can see the similarities!

    I would like to see what the PCB is from, but we can't has the model hasn't been printed onto it. But researching the company what is in the post by @sparkeh suggested that it came from Alenia Marconi Systems LTD.
    According to there Wikipedia page the PCB could of been to into production on ATC Equipment, Air Defense Systems, Airport Infrastructure, Command on Control, Communication Systems, Data Links, Simulators and radar. The company dissolved into BAE systems.

    Interesting...

    Kieran
    So it was you guys that locked up the UK ATC over the weekend..

    Rob

  11. 2 Thanks to twin--turbo:

    kieransaul (9th December 2013), TomCollins (9th December 2013)

  12. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    So it was you guys that locked up the UK ATC over the weekend..

    Rob
    I had nothing to do with this problem! *HE LIED!*

  13. #12

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,819
    Thank Post
    881
    Thanked 685 Times in 454 Posts
    Rep Power
    505
    Did a Google Search on "Frequency Agile" and it seem to point to these:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fr...w=1163&bih=852

    Had anything like this go missing or disposed of recently?

  14. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Did a Google Search on "Frequency Agile" and it seem to point to these:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fr...w=1163&bih=852

    Had anything like this go missing or disposed of recently?
    I can't really say, I think he obtained then from we're he works.

  15. #14

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,435
    Thank Post
    700
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    678
    Interesting. It has a NSN mark. NSN stands for NATO Stock Number, and if there is one next to it it should have the figures '99' in there somewhere designating it a UK part. But seeing as it's a PCB blank it has not been made to any particular spec yet and no number added. what ever it is I suspect it is quite old at 20 years+

  16. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    156
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Interesting. It has a NSN mark. NSN stands for NATO Stock Number, and if there is one next to it it should have the figures '99' in there somewhere designating it a UK part. But seeing as it's a PCB blank it has not been made to any particular spec yet and no number added. what ever it is I suspect it is quite old at 20 years+
    Mmmmm, Interesting

    Never know about the NSN in till you pointed it out :P

    Kieran



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th February 2012, 01:33 PM
  2. [Pics] What Is This? From Neatorama.COM
    By DaveP in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th June 2011, 06:39 PM
  3. What is this socket called from a faceplate (image included)
    By mullet_man in forum AV and Multimedia Related
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th May 2011, 11:45 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11th July 2010, 03:47 PM
  5. What is this URL?
    By kennysarmy in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th January 2008, 01:21 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •