+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Blackberry Devices in Technical; Hi All I was just wondering does anyones use theses as devices supplied by work of personal? What i wanted ...

Thank Post

Blackberry Devices

Hi All

I was just wondering does anyones use theses as devices supplied by work of personal?

What i wanted to know was how does the costing and contacts work, and do you need to have an blackberry enterprise server for the device to pick up work email?

Ive just been looking and also is it possible to get one without a phone contract?

Cheers

N

Thank Post

Re: Blackberry Devices

I used to have one, the cost was too much to run it. On T-mobile, £35 a month standard network tarif, then an extra £10 a month to have the ability to download e-mails to your phone, if you want to use internet on the phone it was another £10 - £15 a month as well.

Total cost - £55 - £60 a month for 18 months, i decided to get rid of all the add ons and just pay £35 a month for the standard contract.

Plus, with any spam mail that comes to your work e-mail that also counts as part of your monthly allowance for the email downloads that you can have, when you go over that you have to pay more as well.

Personally I thought it was a bit over priced for what I wanted, so i use my ipaq to connect to wireless hotspots and remote into my exchange and download e-mails that way.

If you want one without a contract, may I suggest looking at ebay, there are loads on there.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries

Look here for the usual scenarios:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=420124

Thank Post

Sounds quite expensive.... its a good job that its one of the directors that wants it where im working, so its up to him to work out the costing etc.

Thanks for you feedback, and i will check out ebay and see what i can find!

Do these devices come with them bound to specific networks or they are open devices out the box?

Cheers
    N

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries

For around £37 I have an 18 month contract (into month 9 now) with aournd £35 of funds for calls, voice mail, SMS and MMS. I also have a fair usage agreement on web access (basically, don't use it as a modem for you computer to leech W4r3z) and unlimited email download ... all on T-Mobile.

Shop around ... you can get good deals. I mainly use it for email and web as it is a personal phone, but will eventually move it over to my work phone once the contract is up for renewal as it works so well.

Thank Post

I have a personal one and I pay £35 per month on an 18 month contract with 02. I then pay an additonal £10 per month for unlimited e-mail data. So its costing me £45 per month in total.

We don't have a blackberry enterprise server, we use FirstClass and I have setup mailing rules to forward and receive mail from my school account to my blackberry account. It works well.

After the head seen my phone she wanted a blackberry for herself so I ordered one through the LA contract and that is on the Vodafone network. I think thats pretty reasonable costs through the county contract - it may be worth you going through your LEA to see if they can get you a contract cheaper.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread