+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, DMI_2043.exe in Technical; Hi Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the above file I could borrow to sort out a BIOS ...
    Thank Post

DMI_2043.exe

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the above file I could borrow to sort out a BIOS problem on a PC? Back in the day it used to be found here

http://www.sclonline.co.uk/uploads/DMI_2043.zip

but that link is long dead and I can't find another source anywhere. Really annoying because I'm sure I had a copy but can't find it anywhere....

Thanks for any help
    Andrew

Thank Post
    http://www.freedrive.com/file/718674,dmi_2043.zip is the only semi link I can find, but I am unable to download it here.

Also, the attached zip came up with the same search, not sure if it contains what you need however.

1229070119_DMITOOLS_V1.40.ZIP

Some more filtered links that may contain the file -

http://rapidlibrary.com/files/dmi-20...mncbi89on.html
    Last edited by CHR1S; 15th October 2013 at 03:09 PM.

3. Thanks to CHR1S from:

AJWhite1970 (15th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi Chr1s, thanks for taking the time to reply. The freedrive link is broken and although the DMITOOLS.EXE downloads, it just freezes when I try and edit anything. Rapidlibrary just links back to the broken link in the OP.

Starting to think just ignoring the BIOS error would be easier

Thanks again
    Andrew

Thank Post
    Very rare file indeed!

Someone must have it somewhere tho...

Thank Post
    without knowing make / model of machine ( desktop / laptop ) etc - going to be tough to try and help. Also is there a BIOS update for this machine that can be applied ?

Thought they used winphlash / winflash ( however you spell it ) to update the BIOS that or create a bootable CD ?

Also what error is it giving / coming up with ?

7. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

AJWhite1970 (15th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi

It's an Acer Veriton X275 flashed to the latest BIOS version (P01.C2_Windows) using AFUWIN.exe

I've used all the command line switches needed to completely wipe and re-flash and I have got the BIOS servicable again (afuwin.exe ..\ROM\9A3A1053.ROM /p /b /c /x /n /e /k) but the System Serial Number has been wiped from the BIOS and I can't edit it to get it re-entered. This wouldn't be a problem but every time it logs in, my inventory software creates a new instance of the PC and I have to clean 20 entries a day from the database....

It's annoying rather than mission critical but it's bugging me and I want it fixed....

Cheers
    Andrew

9. Thanks to AJWhite1970 from:

mac_shinobi (15th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWhite1970 View Post
    Hi

It's an Acer Veriton X275 flashed to the latest BIOS version (P01.C2_Windows) using AFUWIN.exe

I've used all the command line switches needed to completely wipe and re-flash and I have got the BIOS servicable again (afuwin.exe ..\ROM\9A3A1053.ROM /p /b /c /x /n /e /k) but the System Serial Number has been wiped from the BIOS and I can't edit it to get it re-entered. This wouldn't be a problem but every time it logs in, my inventory software creates a new instance of the PC and I have to clean 20 entries a day from the database....

It's annoying rather than mission critical but it's bugging me and I want it fixed....

Cheers
    Andrew
    If it is still under warranty then may need a support call for an Acer engineer to attend to re program the serial number back onto the PC. I know with Lenovo laptops we have, the serial number has to be programmed back on by the engineer using a floppy disk with there own software to edit / update the bios etc etc

Worth a try , if not then they will advise what you need to do to update with the serial number, as I know the Lenovo desktops you have to use winflash / AFUWIN or whatever utility to update the PC with the serial number etc but we aren't allowed to update serial number info on the laptops.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread