+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Couple of Smartboard problems in Technical; Got a couple of boards with different problems. Can't get to them at the moment, but intend to uninstall/reinstall the ...

Thank Post

Couple of Smartboard problems

Got a couple of boards with different problems. Can't get to them at the moment, but intend to uninstall/reinstall the SMART stuff and check the wall behind Board 1 (recently moved to another class) for metal when I can. Hopefully someone can suggest other things to try!

Board 1: Pen use is erratic - drawing a horizontal line will result in "dips", mainly towards the right of the board. Using a finger to draw the lines is fine. I have tried different pens.

Board 2: Picking up a pen lights the appropriate tray and highlights the appropriate buttons in the software. However, the software defaults to arrow mode unless the software pen button is pressed. Replacing the pen in the tray then defaults back to the arrow.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Got a couple of boards with different problems. Can't get to them at the moment, but intend to uninstall/reinstall the SMART stuff and check the wall behind Board 1 (recently moved to another class) for metal when I can. Hopefully someone can suggest other things to try!

Board 1: Pen use is erratic - drawing a horizontal line will result in "dips", mainly towards the right of the board. Using a finger to draw the lines is fine. I have tried different pens.

Board 2: Picking up a pen lights the appropriate tray and highlights the appropriate buttons in the software. However, the software defaults to arrow mode unless the software pen button is pressed. Replacing the pen in the tray then defaults back to the arrow.

I've had very similar problems here. I had to remove the smart software and install it again, also installed the latest updates after reinstalling the software. Have had to do it to a couple of boards.

3. Thanks to gmonks from:

LeMarchand (18th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Apologies to @gmonks, I didn't get a notification on your reply.

Board 2 started working after a driver uninstall/reinstall, but not Board 1. I'll see if I can to a complete uninstall next visit, though I'm suspecting a problem with the wall.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Apologies to @gmonks, I didn't get a notification on your reply.

Board 2 started working after a driver uninstall/reinstall, but not Board 1. I'll see if I can to a complete uninstall next visit, though I'm suspecting a problem with the wall.
    Yes, when I removed the software, I removed everything. Hope it helps let us know!

Thank Post
    SMART boards usually rely on pressure. A pen is not sensed differently than a finger! Weird.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread