+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Classbuddy laptop trolley - any advice of how to make it look tidy on the inside...? in Technical; I have two of these shiny new trollies and am just about to start filling them up - but as ...

Thank Post

Classbuddy laptop trolley - any advice of how to make it look tidy on the inside...?

I have two of these shiny new trollies and am just about to start filling them up - but as I opened the doors and stared at the lovely empty shelves and bag of cable ties, I wondered if anyone else out there has one and if so, would they care to share a photo of how they have cabled it?

I just have a feeling that I will spend a couple of hours feeding cables through it in a ham-fisted fashion to then find out afterwards there was a much simpler, neater way!!

So, if anyone would like to share their trolley-wisdom, I would be very grateful!

Thanks!

Thank Post
    We use the 30 netbook version and found it a nightmare to keep tidy at the back, cable tied to the shelves in two places on each wire on the front.

Thank Post
    Thanks coop! Did you let each power lead hang down inside the back of the trolley in a loop?

I was thinking I would let the plug end of the cable hang free inside the back of the cab and then keep the bit of the lead that goes from the ac block to the laptop in a neat bundle with its velcro tie - and then somehow secure a bit of it to the shelf with a cable tie ...

I have the 16 version so it's tall and thin ... so the theory of letting the power leads hang down the back will be fine for the first 8 shelves and then I will end up with a pile of spaghetti!

Thank Post
    Yes that's correct, there are holes you can pass the cable tie through.

One tip I would give you after doing large quantities of these is start at the bottom shelf and work upwards!

Thank Post
    Thanks for the tip!

See ... I knew there would be pearls of wisdom out there :-)

So, you reckon it's OK to leave the cable from the ac adaptor to the netbook all wrapped up and tied with velcro? I know that I have to leave the mains cables uncoiled - but am hoping it's OK to wrap the ones the other side of the adapter block.

I have googled for images of Classbuddy, but strangely enough there are none which show it full of kit and cables ... hmmm I wonder why!!?!

I will be mad if I get it all done and then the PAT chap comes along and rips them all out to test them ... grrrr!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rednight View Post

I will be mad if I get it all done and then the PAT chap comes along and rips them all out to test them ... grrrr!
    If you can show they're brand new, shouldn't need PAT testing for at least a year.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread