+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, NetApp FAS270 Problems in Technical; I'm aware that this is something of a niche question, and as such I may struggle to find an answer ...

Thank Post

NetApp FAS270 Problems

I'm aware that this is something of a niche question, and as such I may struggle to find an answer here. I have also posted in NetApp's public forum, but I figure it couldn't hurt to post here on the offchance.
    (I discovered this morning that they stopped the support contract for it in 2008...)

We have a NetApp FAS270 which I inherited fairly recently.

It seems we had something of a power issue over the weekend and at the moment the thing is just sat there beeping at me with the Status A light flashing orange, and the Status B light solid orange. There is also an orange light on the hard disk in slot 00.
    I have literally no idea what I'm doing with this thing. We have managed to hook up a serial cable to it and get a terminal connection but past that I've got no idea what to do with it.

Is it a simple matter of replacing the hard disk and having it rebuild itself, or is something more serious up with it?

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Hi,

You could give one of our partners a call - Concorde IT Group - IT hardware maintenance - Computer maintenance - IT support UK

They are a large NetApp partner and may be able to give you a little advice.

Hope that helps

Thank Post
    Hi Geoff

Did u manage to sort the Netapp?

Thank Post
    When it is powering up do you get the option to press ctrl+c for boot options or does it not get that far?

Nick

Thank Post
    Thanks for that Paul, I called through and spoke to someone in sales who was going to get their local technician to give me a call but that never happened.

I've not touched it yet, I've been waiting on the support site login to come through so I can grab a manual or something, but that didn't happen until last night.

I'll take a look at that in a sec and get back to you Nick, just trying to work out if there's a soft reboot option or I just have to power cycle it.

edit:

I was on this screen: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...729_121555.jpg

But when I typed reboot on the offchance it gave me a slightly longer list of commands which also contained autoboot.

So I've run the autoboot command, then pressed Ctrl+C to get in to the Special boot options menu.

When I ran autoboot, the beeping stopped and all of the orange lights switched off, so rather than booting into maintenance mode to see what was going on I thought I'd chance a normal boot.

It seems to be working now, apparently that is what passes for being switched off? I'm feeling equal parts relieved and stupid right now.

Many thanks to both of you for your responses.
    Last edited by GeoffB; 30th July 2013 at 10:13 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread