+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Video to VGA conversion in Technical; Hi, I'm looking into buying an Upscaler such as the AVT 3340 from AVtoolbox.co.uk (other companies have the same product ...

Thank Post

Video to VGA conversion

Hi,
    I'm looking into buying an Upscaler such as the AVT 3340 from AVtoolbox.co.uk (other companies have the same product in a different colored box). The plan is to run all video signals down a vga cable as the projector when installed will not be accessible for switching remotely. The problem is this little gizmo produces an output that it says is only suitable for 50hz monitors. The projector will either be a Philips sv20 or Sony CS5 and I can't find whether they would be compatible. Please help asap before we waste money on an unusable item.

Thank Post

Re: Video to VGA conversion

Would it not be more cost effective to use the projectors inputs and a remote extender like one of the products found at http://www.letsautomate.com/index.cf...IRAccessories& ?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_
    Would it not be more cost effective to use the projectors inputs and a remote extender like one of the products found at http//www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm?&Nav=IRAccessories& ?
    Hi, unfortunately it is a pre-requisite of the installation that the PC is connected to the projector. Which either means permanently downgrading the pc signal to composite video via a scan converter then using a switchbox/mixer or using an upscaler to provide a switchable vga input. From a quality point of view I would prefer the latter. Thanks for the idea though.

Thank Post

Doesn't the projector have inputs for composite, component, audio (god forbid!) etc?

You then simply use the projector's remote to switch between input signals. If the infra-red eye is inaccessible you will need one of the extenders mentioned earlier.

Perhaps if you tell us what will be plugged into it, we might be able to better help.

Thank Post

Hi,
    Thanks again, I see what you mean now. I guess I was hoping to be lazy and only run one cable in the installation. If I can't find out about the projectors then I'll have to run composite, S-video and VGA cables up to the projector and use an infra red extender like you say. It would still be handy to know if projectors will generally take the output from an upscaler as any external switching is always far smoother and professional than the changing of input sources (well I think so anyway).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread