+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, cm2320fxi banding in Technical; Image.jpg one of our schools had an engineer in from their local toner supplier and he informed them that the ...

Thank Post

cm2320fxi banding

Image.jpg

one of our schools had an engineer in from their local toner supplier and he informed them that the attached was result of the printer (there are two printers doing this in school) needing new assembly belt (transfer kit?). just looking for a second opinion, quote to replace part was 228 and they offered a hp printer as a replacement for 300 after cash back which seems reasonable, with free 3 year warranty if their toners are used, which again seems reasonable.

the printer the image is from is only 3 years old and has done 60k pages

is the assembly belt expected expire in that length of time?

any feedback appreciated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 923 Posts
    I don't know that model they will be saying belt as the spacing between the mess looks to be the same but its not blending the colours right so would be worried it was more than just a belt that had gone. Does that model have any cleaning pages in the menu that could be run through it ? It maybe that some sensor is mucked up which I had on a HP CLJ4650 and it made it do strange dumps of lots of colours in similar distances and was just some dusty sensors at the side of each toner cartridge.

Thank Post
    thanks for the response.

there is one and it has been run, the diagnostics service and usage pages all came out without the banding, it was a little faint which could point towards faulty sensors again not releasing the right amount of toner. the above then occurs intermittently on printouts, although i am informed it is happening more and more often. there had been previous issues with the printer producing a blue line down the edge of pages, this was down to a groove being worn into the drum after approx 80% of its capacity was spent. this doesn't seem to happen since switching from genuine toners.

the reverse of the page in the image has very faint and much more close packed banding.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 923 Posts
    It would be all the time and getting worse in terms of the banding darker / thicker etc... if it was a belt I don't often find belts intermittent, they can slip but you get a broken image yours looks ok as you wouldn't get the blocks of "colour" if it was slipping so I'd wonder about a controller issue maybe?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread