+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Hardware Thread, Ridiculously low pricing on Surface RT for UK Edu this summer in Technical; AnandTech | ASUS Transformer Book T100 Review: Redefining the Entry-Level Windows Notebook Just been reading the review on Asus's latest ...

Thank Post
    AnandTech | ASUS Transformer Book T100 Review: Redefining the Entry-Level Windows Notebook

Just been reading the review on Asus's latest transformer laptop/tablet with bay trail and it looks mighty impressive for the $400 price tag. I'd hope there will be an option to upgrade the RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb but other than that it sound just about perfect for the money. Given it's running full windows 8.1 it's a much more flexible device than the SurfaceRT IMO.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    AnandTech | ASUS Transformer Book T100 Review: Redefining the Entry-Level Windows Notebook

Just been reading the review on Asus's latest transformer laptop/tablet with bay trail and it looks mighty impressive for the $400 price tag. I'd hope there will be an option to upgrade the RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb but other than that it sound just about perfect for the money. Given it's running full windows 8.1 it's a much more flexible device than the SurfaceRT IMO.
    have a look at http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/c...o-brochure.pdf reported similar base cost

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not the biggest shock in the world but I feel sorry for anyone who took up this offer now!

Microsoft ready to kill Windows RT | Technology | theguardian.com

I'd image they will move towards windows phone on the tablets.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,968 Times in 2,183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    I'd imagine they will move towards Windows Phone on the tablets.
    Or more likely a hybrid of Windows Phone + Windows RT.

Microsoft aims to whittle Windows variants on mobile « CNet

As I noted back in October, Microsoft seems to be thinking about creating some kind of hybrid OS that will bring closer together Windows RT and the Windows Phone OS. And at least according to one of my sources, it's more likely that the Windows Phone OS core is what Microsoft will use as the starting point, rather than Windows RT. If Microsoft is pursuing this path, there might just be full Windows and the new hybrid ARM-targeted variant of Windows in just over a year.

Thank Post
    Whatever it is the simple fact is Microsoft tablets are too expensive to justify over their rivals. A decent Win8 Pro device is £700+ and RT was still around £400 when quality Android ones can be had at nearly half that price. Still not buying (literally) the idea of tablet being a laptop replacement as they're too clunky and heavy but the smaller and lighter ones hit £1000 which is just silly.

MS might have to go down the Google route and give the OS for free if they want to build market share, either that our the hardware to run Win8 is just to expensive in comparison to iOS / Android which I find hard to believe.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    MS might have to go down the Google route and give the OS for free if they want to build market share, either that our the hardware to run Win8 is just to expensive in comparison to iOS / Android which I find hard to believe.
    Google didn't get Android to be the most popular operating system by giving it away free. They did it by giving the source code away free. bare in mind that was in spite of microsoft putting the price of android up by forcing royalties for each android sold.

Thank Post
    you can see it coming, I feel for people who have bought the RT platform, if it had more features, it could have been better, but £700 for a pro is ridiculous, comparative to any other tablet/and bluetooth keyboard combination

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Whatever it is the simple fact is Microsoft tablets are too expensive to justify over their rivals. A decent Win8 Pro device is £700+ and RT was still around £400 when quality Android ones can be had at nearly half that price. Still not buying (literally) the idea of tablet being a laptop replacement as they're too clunky and heavy but the smaller and lighter ones hit £1000 which is just silly
    depends what you call decent my £400 windows 8 std x86 tablet was about £400 ok its atom based but for most of the stuff I do thats fine

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information