+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Rugged PCs for DT workshop in Technical; We are planning to install some PCs in our DT workshop. These will be used for CAD work and so ...
    JSS

Thank Post

Rugged PCs for DT workshop

We are planning to install some PCs in our DT workshop. These will be used for CAD work and so will need to be high spec, including a decent graphics card.

Does anyone have any recommendations for rugged PCs that are suitable for harsh environments? Dust in particular is a potential problem.

I have seen solutions that are fully ruggedized, and also enclosures that protect standard PCs.

Any advice appreciated!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'll drop you a PM with options.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JSS View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for rugged PCs that are suitable for harsh environments? Dust in particular is a potential problem.
    I have a couple of Tranquil PC machines at home (note that their website is rather crusty and out-of-date, but they do make well-engineered machines):

Tranquil PC Ltd - Media Centres

These are fanless, ideal for dust-filled environments. One of their "media centre" PCs should be suitible - they can take a Core i5 chip and there's room for a discreet graphics card. You might have a wider choice / better price over at Quiet PC:

Systems

They resell Streacom cases, which are like the Tranquil PC cases but come in a wider variety of sizes and types. You could put your own system together or they do pre-built systems, too.

4. Thanks to dhicks from:

JSS (20th June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information