+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Hardware Thread, Lenovo M92Z hangs during shut down in Technical; We have a few Lenovo M92Z all in one 23" computers running Windows7 (64bit) - occasionally the odd one will ...
  1. #1
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,565
    Thank Post
    3,472
    Thanked 286 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    116

    Lenovo M92Z hangs during shut down

    We have a few Lenovo M92Z all in one 23" computers running Windows7 (64bit) - occasionally the odd one will hang during shut down. Resulting in a black screen with the power on button still illuminated. Keyboard and mouse closed down and the only way we have found to get them back to life again is to do a hard reboot. Any thoughts please on what would be the cause of this?

  2. #2
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,565
    Thank Post
    3,472
    Thanked 286 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    116
    Posted the OP a bit late to catch anyone's thoughts perhaps - any suggestions would be very welcome? I'm thinking BIOS perhaps?

  3. #3

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,909
    Thank Post
    3,435
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Rep Power
    370
    Download & install system updater run and install any updates specifically bios, graphics, etc

    See if its still the same. Only other thing but doubt its related is on our laptops a similar thing happens is the ram that is used for onboard graphics gets corrupted ( physical ram modules are ok ) but then you dont see anything on the screens ie laptop or external via vga and we have to disconnect cmos battery for aprox 10 seconds , re connect it and you get the display back ( as it clears the area of ram that deals with the onboard video )

    Not sure if or how that will help with the desktops seeing as you get the issue when attempting to shutdown etc
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 18th June 2013 at 12:57 PM.

  4. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

    speckytecky (18th June 2013)

  5. #4
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,565
    Thank Post
    3,472
    Thanked 286 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    116
    Thanks as ever @mac_shinobi. Some useful suggestions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Download & install system updater run and install any updates specifically bios, graphics, etc

    See if its still the same. Only other thing but doubt its related is on our laptops a similar thing happens is the ram that is used for onboard graphics gets corrupted ( physical ram modules are ok ) but then you dont see anything on the screens ie laptop or external via vga and we have to disconnect cmos battery for aprox 10 seconds , re connect it and you get the display back ( as it clears the area of ram that deals with the onboard video )

    Not sure if or how that will help with the desktops seeing as you get the issue when attempting to shutdown etc

  6. Thanks to speckytecky from:

    mac_shinobi (18th June 2013)

  7. #5

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,909
    Thank Post
    3,435
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Rep Power
    370
    no problem - anything to help a fellow edugeeker out when I can

  8. #6

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,909
    Thank Post
    3,435
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Rep Power
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Thanks as ever @mac_shinobi. Some useful suggestions.
    If that fails may need to book a warranty call

  9. #7
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,565
    Thank Post
    3,472
    Thanked 286 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    116
    Sadly I suspect I know what their response will be - reimage!

    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    If that fails may need to book a warranty call

  10. #8

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,909
    Thank Post
    3,435
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Rep Power
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Sadly I suspect I know what their response will be - reimage!
    Getting anywhere with the shut down problem

  11. #9
    speckytecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,565
    Thank Post
    3,472
    Thanked 286 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    116
    Not yet - haven't had a chance yet as I'm only part time!

    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Getting anywhere with the shut down problem

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Software to shut down PC's?
    By sidewinder in forum Windows
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 24th March 2014, 09:58 PM
  2. Shut down 4 servers using one UPS on power fail
    By edie209 in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10th August 2007, 01:44 PM
  3. Shutdown batch script stalls if 1 PC is shut down
    By PrimaryTech in forum Scripts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 7th July 2007, 06:04 PM
  4. pcs shutting down Whats causing it ?????
    By goodhead in forum Windows
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4th March 2007, 07:30 PM
  5. Script to shut down computers in a certain OU
    By tosca925 in forum Scripts
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25th September 2005, 09:23 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •