+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hardware Thread, For the detectives out there.. in Technical; I had a similar issue on some PC's before. To get around it I unplugged the power lead, held down ...
    Thank Post
    I had a similar issue on some PC's before. To get around it I unplugged the power lead, held down the power button on the front of the case for 20 seconds to dispel any capacitance and then plugged the lead back in. Seemed to work and is quicker than waiting half a day!

Thank Post
    Edutech4schools! your students can into your bios?? We've got ours locked down and yes it is the latest bios

Yep I've tried unplugging everything down to the minimum and the problem persists

Does holding down the power button longer get rid of any residue power still in the board? Unfortunately these MB's don't have a led showing residue power so I don't know what it is still holding.

Thank Post
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know if holding the button down does get rid of residue power. That's the way I justified it in my head when I noticed that it seemed to work 20 seconds seems to be enough time, the ones I had the issue with also had no LED's to judge by

Thank Post
    Edutech4schools! your students can into your bios?? We've got ours locked down and yes it is the latest bios
    They could on a few machines that had been set up by LA, but not anymore.

Another bios idea. If the hdd sata settings had been changed from the default, say AHCI was disabled or ATA was set as the default and then the OS installed, if the bios for what ever reason is not holding the user settings anymore and reverting back to its default, you might experience the issue you have.

Thank Post
    As in the BIOS battery could be duff? Possible I suppose

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried a more powerful PSU?
    Have you checked jumper settings on the mobo? I have had a jumper set incorrectly before by the supplier and it didn't get beyond POST
    Is the HDD set to UDMA? (I have had a student do that before and it took a couple of minutes to work out)
    Have you had the power checked in the room to make sure their is ample amperage going through to the plugs? (some people skimp on the circuit breakers and put in substandard ones, as I discovered when I needed 150 sockets put into a room to charge all the school laptops)

Thank Post
    Bump!

Anyone else experiencing this issue yet with Fujitsu Esprimo E3521's. To recap, on powering the PC on you hear a loud fan noise and the PC fails to boot.

The problem is spreading to more and more PC's as time goes by. We can practically stop the problem by powering off the PSU's on the PC's at the end of the day manually and turning them on again in the morning, but this is a real PITA. At the moment we have to do this to ensure a full working room each morning.

We've received some replacement PSU's from Fujitsu support, as this seems to fix the issue except for the odd one. It's the odd one which is throwing me and making me think its not the full answer. In fact this particular odd one crashed whilst already booted and showed coloured stripes on the screen (like a graphics issue, but it's onboard graphics). After powering it off you attempt to power it on and it's back to square one with the high fan noise on boot. This PC has now had 2 x PSU's and 2 x MB's replaced.

Thank Post
    Seen this on many a pc but swsppung the mobo out usually sorts it.

In the mean time could you get an emergency power kill button fitted to the ring main of the room in question like in science and tech labs, knock it off at the end of the day and back on in the morning. That way at least you wouldnt have to knock off each individual psu on the machines

Thank Post
    I tried disconnected everything and found that if I disconnected the VGA lead from the PC, disconnect the power, clear the power from the board. Plug power back in and it boots fine. Then put VGA lead back in!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123