+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hardware Thread, Rough costs to Implement SAN in Technical; Price I don't think it would be fair to disclose publicly but it's within the regions of those looking at ...

Thank Post
    Price I don't think it would be fair to disclose publicly but it's within the regions of those looking at EMC, lefthand and equallogic units of similar capacities.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Hmm Shiney, I've used a CS210 and a CS420X2 both have been excellent and are a dream to manage and use!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Price I don't think it would be fair to disclose publicly but it's within the regions of those looking at EMC, lefthand and equallogic units of similar capacities.
    Agreed - it is exactly as above, if you want to compare to a P2000 then don't bother. For details on price etc either speak to Matt (who is NimbleStorage above) or give me a shout and I will put you in touch with somebody.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I do hope that Nimble storage will be at the next day edugeek day or at Bett.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholab View Post
    I have to say I do hope that Nimble storage will be at the next day edugeek day or at Bett.
    I will ask the guys here to put the question to them
    Last edited by ChrisH; 8th August 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi all
    We are planning to get involved at the next BETT event. Not sure on the next edugeek day - does anyone know when the next edu geek day in the south of the UK will be?

thx

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NimbleStorage View Post
    Hi all
    We are planning to get involved at the next BETT event. Not sure on the next edugeek day - does anyone know when the next edu geek day in the south of the UK will be?

thx
    It won't be in the South - they are in Preston.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NimbleStorage View Post
    Hi all

thx
    You should use the Contact Us and speak to the Site Admins about how you can get involved with the forum further please

Thank Post
    I am pleased to confirm that Nimble Storage are all booked up (G500) and excited to be at BETT for the first time in January 2014.
    We very much hope to have the chance to meet as many of the EDU Geek community as possible.

Thank Post
    I have to say on this recently resurrected thread, the Nimble stuff looks very nice as do so many others of similar price range but...

I have had my head turned by the latest Dell VRTX Systems never been a great Dell advocate but these things are making a lot of other vendors worried.

I can see these moving up the shopping lists of many schools with Storage products moving back to being backup targets.

I would be keen to hear from anyone that has got one in Edu use yet.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I can't say I looked too heavily at the VRTX, having had a quick look I would still go the way we did (and in terms of servers we are Dell all the way).... we have around 8 Hyper V hosts all with local storage and really wanted a large amount of storage (when does it stop growing!) and some redundancy in terms of Hyper V hosts - we looked at Dell, HP and then came across (through edugeek of course!) Nimble.

HP fell through pretty quickly based on the timeframe to just get a quote from them. Dell was a very close second and we liked the idea of single vendor but didn't want to be held back by that idea (we also purchased 2 x R620's with 256GB RAM in each for a new Hyper V cluster, along with 2 x Dell 6248 switches to be dedicated to the SAN switching - the R620s are extremely power efficient compared to our old PE2900's and even the R710's - not to mention going from 5U to 1U!), I had some very good conversations with Matt from Nimble (with plenty of questions from me) and ultimately we chose them, I think the key for us was to look very closely at what was actually being offered by each vendor in terms of performance in real terms as well as accessing future growth and needs (possible VDI etc.), for us there was a clear winner!

We went with a single CS240 (unfortunately our budget wouldn't allow for 2!), which means that we will leverage snapshots for short term backups but will keep DPM and some very large NAS boxes and tape library going for long term/disaster recovery). We haven't received it yet, so will try to update how we get on when it arrives, but really looking forward to putting it through it paces and checking out infosight.

I'm in Devon, but if anyone wants to see it in action (when we've got it in and running of course) or have a chat feel free to PM me.

Thank Post
    Just signed up to edugeek.
    I'm Matt's (NimbleStorage) Systems Engineer at Nimble Storage, the techie behind sales!
    I'll be at BETT in Jan so feel free to say hello in person if you're there.
    Should anyone have questions around Storge or Backup I'd be happy to help (my storage/backup answers may be a little biased given who I work for) but I'll also be honest in any replies.
    I also have 15 years of backup experience (traditional/online/cloud software and hardware backup devices (tape/disk)) which actually goes hand-in-hand with Nimble's snapshot story - let me know if you want further details.
    Phil

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234