+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Text Effects/Text Boxes not printing in Technical; Hi all, We have a Konica Minolta BizHub C364 which we're able to print to directly, recently a problem has ...
    Thank Post

Text Effects/Text Boxes not printing

Hi all,

We have a Konica Minolta BizHub C364 which we're able to print to directly, recently a problem has occured regarding Word (docx) documents.

Text boxes do not print out, nor do any text effects (see attached example document.) and it's obviously causing issues for teachers/students that are doing posters etc. - I have looked everywhere but cannot seem to find a solution despite all the 'fixes' out there. I've got the Print drawings/background images and colours boxes ticked, I've been through the Advanced tab and made sure any 'relevant' boxes are ticked but all to no avail.

I've also tried numerous drivers, none seem to do the trick. I have resorted to saving the documents as PDFs and printing them, but this only fixes content with text effects added - Text Boxes still do not show in the PDF.

Any ideas? I hope I've made sense...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Not much help, I know, but prints out perfectly to ours...
    What happens when you print to PDF, rather than saving to PDF (if you have that option available to you)?
    Last edited by Marci; 7th May 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Thank Post
    Just my luck, haha.

When you say print to pdf, do you mean something like CutePDF?? Or is this part of the Konica setup?

Thank Post
    Yeah, CutePDF or anything else that installs itself as a printer driver that writes to a file... rather than MS's internal save-to-PDF mechanism.

Thank Post
    Tried CutePDF just before I posted that and it was just a blank PDF file. Tried doing that attached document as 3 pages (copied+pasted it on each) and it was just 3 blank pages. Puzzling..

Thank Post
    That'd suggest to me it's an issue inside your Office installation rather than with printer driver etc... I know for certain Powerpoint has options to prevent it from printing text boxes & effects by default, but am unsure about the rest (and pointless me hunting for you here as I'm on OSX)

Thank Post
    We had a similar issue with Kyocera printers but not exactly what you describe. What we did on the printer was in Properties and Device Settings under the PDL button we changed it to PCL XL. Maybe test out the different settings in here and see if you have any joy.

Thank Post
    We've had almost exactly the same issue with the same make of printers, just a different model (the C220). the lads when printing from our DT laptops do their A3 work with textboxes and images from the internet, it goes completely screwy like what you've posted above. I believe we have now resolved the issue, I'm just trying to rack my brains on how we did it. (the stop gap was to make into a PDF and then print)

Thank Post
    I posted a thread just today about this exact same issue on our Konica 7450IIs - apologies for not noticing this one first!

I'll look into the PDL > PCL XL change tomorrow and report back...

Thank Post
    Still no joy with this. Bit of a bugger as it's my last day here and I'd like to get it fixed before I go @AlexPilot, sorry for being thick here but how do I get to that setting?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Still no joy with this. Bit of a bugger as it's my last day here and I'd like to get it fixed before I go @AlexPilot, sorry for being thick here but how do I get to that setting?
    For me I right click on the printer and there is a Device Settings tab which has a button for PDL

Thank Post
    I rang Konica support to see if they had anything to say about it - they seem to think that using the PostScript as opposed to the PCL driver will sort it out. I'm doubtful somehow, but have installed the PS driver on one of ours and will see how things go.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread