+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Headphones in Technical; Please can anyone recommend any good robust headphones for a classroom and also a supplier would be nice. Am i ...

Thank Post

Headphones

Please can anyone recommend any good robust headphones for a classroom and also a supplier would be nice.
    Am i being too hopeful?
    Thanks
    matt

Thank Post

Re: Headphones

The best ones I've had so far are the Heavy Duty ones from the Tesco Vouchers for schools scheme catalogue. We sourced some more from RM

http://www.rm.com/Primary/Products/R...032&position=2

and so far (thats 12 months) I've not had to put a single padded ear cover back on! However just had to repar a couple from the foundation stage where they had bitten/chewed through the cable! When will they ever make headphone cables that are covered in steel wire braid!!!!!

Still they have proved better than any we have used before. Just watch out that they have an inline volume control. Does lead to the problem of "the headphones don't work!" , "ever tried turning the volume up" syndrome.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts

I've had these from CCL and they do seem very robust so far (made of metal in the main rather than nasty plastic!)

http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...id=0&tid=hs-50 - A4tech HS-50s, they are great, but sold out at the moment. I have also got a pair of HS-7Ps are good as well, same construction but they have smaler muffs which are ok for primary aged children but IMHO too small for teens and adults.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Blog Entries

buy ones with the springy wires so much easier you don’t have a wire all over the show.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Ours got so abused that we got rid of them all :?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Blog Entries

well a few week back i caught some year 10s playing football with a pair

Thank Post

We used to keep all of ours in boxes in the class rooms...then the teachers werent being responsible with them when they were using the e-learning suites so there were kids sitting streaming radio etc. Then there would be ones getting vandalised so the boxes got removed from the rooms and the teachers had to come and get them and they would be counted out and back in again.

Damage was still occurring as was inappropriate use so use of headphones was just stopped altogether.

Then it was made clear to teachers that the classrooms would be checked and damage reported and that their department was to pay for any damage. So headphones were put out and left by the computers and also there was a crackdown on inappropriate use too.

I have a feeling ours came from MISCO. Our school weren't very good at shopping around for equipment...there was about two or three suppliers that they used. Most amusing.

Thank Post

80 odd bought and handed over to various departments.. ..70% nicked, broken, abused and gone within a month...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread