+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, All in one PCs in Technical; We've just had Dell 9010 AIO's and going through our accont manager they were half the cost of what is ...
    Thank Post
    We've just had Dell 9010 AIO's and going through our accont manager they were half the cost of what is advertised on the education portal

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have some 23 inch screen i3 processor end Lenovo all in ones. So far so good - apart from a few times the hard drives don't seem too happy and have needed to run check disk before booting.

XiJ

Thank Post
    Although I've criticised Lenovo support recently (with good reason), we've put plenty of Lenovo all- in-ones in our schools suites. The M72z is a current popular one. The M92z is a larger screen and comes with 3 year warranty I think.

Thank Post
    I've used a few different AIOs. The ones from HP and Dell with the PC mounted on the back of the monitor are ok but they have an external PSU which takes up desk space and gives the kids something to unplug! Like others have said, the RM One is a very sturdy machine, sits very neat on the desk and there's nothing the kids can vandalise on them! Downside is they're overpriced.

Viglen do a couple of ranges, the Omnios and Genie Ultra Small. The Genie Ultra Small computers are very similar to the Dell Optiplex USDT, but have a built in PSU!

Stone Computers do a similar PC with a 'UniStand' allowing it to be mounted behind a monitor. I'm looking to replace ageing RM Ones with these when the time comes as they are much cheaper and come with 5 year NBD on site warranties.

Thank Post
    We brought 100 from Novatech last hols, custom spec but a i5, 4gb ram, 60gb ssd, 22" screen, 5 yr warranty for £550

Thank Post
    Oh, and all use standard parts, even the monitors can be swapped with any visa compatible ones.

Thank Post
    Thanks everyone, I am hoping to get a final budget figure this week so will then know what I have got to work with.

Thank Post
    We are working with a special school that's looking at getting some touch monitors on gas arms so wheelchair users can access them. Our initial plan is to use a USFF PC mounted off the arm however quite a few of the current batch of All-In-Ones are available with a touch screen. Anyone have any experience of using 'consumer' touch panels in schools? I'd be interested to see how robust they are. Anyone seen any with a VESA mount?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by staningrimsby View Post
    Does anybody use all in one pc's within there school ?? I am looking into replacing the KS2 IT Suite as we currently have Dell Optiplex 755's they are around 5 years old and could really do with replacing.

Due to the way the suite was designed years ago there is no room for a tower unit on the desk and if its placed underneath the younger children sit there kicking it, so I thought I would look at the all-in-one option. Obviously due to financial constraints we canít afford to buy top of the range but I do want the best we can get.

Has anyone used them or got any suggestions as I think these would be ideal for school, not really botherd weather its a touch screen or not.
    Hi Staningrimsby,

We have just the product for you,

Ive sent you over a PM with more info

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by staningrimsby View Post
    Does anybody use all in one pc's within there school ?? I am looking into replacing the KS2 IT Suite as we currently have Dell Optiplex 755's they are around 5 years old and could really do with replacing.

Due to the way the suite was designed years ago there is no room for a tower unit on the desk and if its placed underneath the younger children sit there kicking it, so I thought I would look at the all-in-one option. Obviously due to financial constraints we canít afford to buy top of the range but I do want the best we can get.

Has anyone used them or got any suggestions as I think these would be ideal for school, not really botherd weather its a touch screen or not.
    Hi Stan,

We can also help and save you a small fortune at the same time!

I'll drop you a PM

Thank Post
    Not bad. Have you shopped around? VeryPC Flex / Novatech / Stone, spec for spec would come in over £100 less per unit than the Dell Quote above and with the Flex you can choose your monitor. I'd recommend a SFF chassis with monitor mount as you get desktop components too and the chance to upgrade in the future. Just be sure to spec a solution with a lockable cable tidy and front facing ports.

Thank Post
    We recommend Very PC, very good company/products

Let me know if you need info/pricing

Luke

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12