+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Personal Build in Technical; Hi Guys! I am planning (Begging my better half) to let me buy a new mobo, CPU and Ram. Wanted ...
    GTX

Thank Post

Talking Personal Build

Hi Guys!

I am planning (Begging my better half) to let me buy a new mobo, CPU and Ram. Wanted to double check that everything is going to run fine with each other. Will these bad boys run alright together?

Ram: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=AICOGDY4JLNPG

Mobo: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

CPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Any help would be great.

Rick H

Thank Post
    Yep, looks good.

The CPU is certainly on the Supported CPU list for the motherboard, and the website says that it will support 1600MHz DDR3.

ASUS - Motherboards- M5A78L-M/USB3
    ASUS - Motherboards- M5A78L-M/USB3

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickH View Post
    Funny, I just built myself a new rig a few weeks ago and your components are almost identical. The only difference being the motherboard, I still have an ASUS mobo but I have the M5A97 Pro. One of the things that shocked me about the motherboard is that the BIOS now has full mouse support! No more arrow keys and F10 buttons to save changes!

The AMD FX-8350 is an epic piece of kit! Seriously epic! Don't let the Intel fanboys tell you otherwise. It runs ARMA3 Alpha like a dream and I can record with Bandicam at the same time and it barely breaks a sweat.

For maximum awesomeness, be sure to get an SSD. I went for the Samsung 120GB 840 Pro and my rig boots in an instant!

Tip: My Asus mobo had an early bios version on it and on the supported CPU list, it said the AMD FX-8350 was not supported until a later BIOS version (even though the system booted and ran) so I flashed it with the latest version and got a significant performance boost after. Be sure to check that if you go for that motherboard.
    Last edited by Rawns; 21st March 2013 at 03:40 PM.

GTX

Thank Post
    Thanks once again Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Funny, I just built myself a new rig a few weeks ago and your components are almost identical. The only difference being the motherboard, I still have an ASUS mobo but I have the M5A97 Pro. One of the things that shocked me about the motherboard is that the BIOS now has full mouse support! No more arrow keys and F10 buttons to save changes!

The AMD FX-8350 is an epic piece of kit! Seriously epic! Don't let the Intel fanboys tell you otherwise. It runs ARMA3 Alpha like a dream and I can record with Bandicam at the same time and it barely breaks a sweat.

For maximum awesomeness, be sure to get an SSD. I went for the Samsung 120GB 840 Pro and my rig boots in an instant!

Tip: My Asus mobo had an early bios version on it and on the supported CPU list, it said the AMD FX-8350 was not supported until a later BIOS version (even though the system booted and ran) so I flashed it with the latest version and got a significant performance boost after. Be sure to check that if you go for that motherboard.
    I swear Rawns, Your rubbing that amra 3 Key in my face now lol. I hope to god i can get this setup. My GTX 550ti will love this setup plus with my 2 SSD's it will be like ZOOMMMM. I want to start streaming soon aswell. Plus, thanks for the heads up on the BIOS.

Ill let you know when i have this setup and a Arma 3 key so i can show you how to play it :P

Rick

Thank Post
    << Intel Fanboy :P

I'm running a i7-2600k with 8GB of RAM, an 80GB SSD and a GTX480 with Win8 at home at the moment.

I'm waiting to see the shininess of the new 1150 socket chips before I consider any upgrades though!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickH View Post
    Thanks once again Tom.

I swear Rawns, Your rubbing that amra 3 Key in my face now lol. I hope to god i can get this setup. My GTX 550ti will love this setup plus with my 2 SSD's it will be like ZOOMMMM. I want to start streaming soon aswell. Plus, thanks for the heads up on the BIOS.

Ill let you know when i have this setup and a Arma 3 key so i can show you how to play it :P

Rick
    The only thing holding my rig back slightly now is my GPU. While still slightly better than bottom end 650's, I'd live to get my grubby hands on a 660. OPr, if I win the lottery, I'll blatantly be purchasing a Titan!

GTX

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    The only thing holding my rig back slightly now is my GPU. While still slightly better than bottom end 650's, I'd live to get my grubby hands on a 660. OPr, if I win the lottery, I'll blatantly be purchasing a Titan!
    Get a Mars II (2)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread