+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Hardware Thread, What do you think of this Managed Print Solution? in Technical; ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    105
    Thank Post
    30
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    What do you think of this Managed Print Solution?

    hi

    I have a question for you all on mono printers

    At the moment I buy old refurbed hp laser printers and fix them in house where possible.

    A company have approached me with a managed print solution - this is the deal -

    they loan me Kyocera FS2100DN
    Initial upfront costs - I have to purchase from them two original toners (25,000 yield based on 5%) at £220.00 each
    After that I can then buy their remanufactured toners at £160 each same yield
    Any part replacements covered ie drum or fuser - no further cost
    Next day business for any repairs required - no further cost
    No fixed term agreement - I can stop anytime I want and the printers will be collected
    no leasing agreement
    No cost per page - you just buy the toners.

    Is anyone using a similar scheme at the moment?

  2. #2
    jamesreedersmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ruskington
    Posts
    1,167
    Thank Post
    78
    Thanked 258 Times in 230 Posts
    Rep Power
    78
    Quick google says they dont do a toner with that yeild - normal for that printer is 12500 at about £80 for a remanufactured.

  3. #3

    Millgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,484
    Thank Post
    461
    Thanked 375 Times in 250 Posts
    Rep Power
    151
    Hi @10101010,

    We do managed print contracts so if you let me know the details etc, I'll put something together for you

    Luke

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    105
    Thank Post
    30
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    I know - they tell it's something they've worked on with Kyocera

  5. #5

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,885
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    839
    Might be worth naming the company...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    105
    Thank Post
    30
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Vitesse plc

  7. #7

    sonofsanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    5,004
    Thank Post
    876
    Thanked 1,458 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    644
    My bullsh1t alarm is going off at that - sounds a dodgy business model, or at least a business model used by a lot of dodgy companies. Far too much scamming goes on WRT printer toners.

  8. #8
    TecD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    35
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 10101010 View Post
    hi

    I have a question for you all on mono printers

    At the moment I buy old refurbed hp laser printers and fix them in house where possible.

    A company have approached me with a managed print solution - this is the deal -

    they loan me Kyocera FS2100DN
    Initial upfront costs - I have to purchase from them two original toners (25,000 yield based on 5%) at £220.00 each
    After that I can then buy their remanufactured toners at £160 each same yield
    Any part replacements covered ie drum or fuser - no further cost
    Next day business for any repairs required - no further cost
    No fixed term agreement - I can stop anytime I want and the printers will be collected
    no leasing agreement
    No cost per page - you just buy the toners.

    Is anyone using a similar scheme at the moment?
    If i was to hazard a guess it seems like they are offering an old refurb/second hand machine they have laying around that's only worth around £100 and with those toner prices they are only worth around £80 anyway so they making £140 per toner and then £80 on the refurb toners after that which pays for the cost of the machine. Looking on their website they look like a toner company so thats where they make their profit.
    Last edited by TecD; 13th March 2013 at 01:58 PM.

  9. #9

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    5,715
    Thank Post
    858
    Thanked 904 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    330
    We had a Konica Minolta rep in the other day to look at renewing our photocopier contracts. Looking at out current toner replacement costs and printer life-cycle, we're very tempted by their offer. Especially as it would effectively mean replacing all our 10ppm mono printers with 35ppm colour printers at almost no cost!

  10. #10

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,885
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,930 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by TecD View Post
    If i was to hazard a guess it seems like they are offering an old refurb/second hand machine they have laying around that's only worth around £100 and with those toner prices they are only worth around £80 anyway so they making £140 per toner and then £80 on the refurb toners after that which pays for the cost of the machine. Looking on their website they look like a toner company so thats where they make their profit.
    Those printers are about £280 new. Black toners for it are about £68 each. A 3 year full accidental damage policy would only be about £40 as well.

    So, that deal is awful, whatever way you look at it.

  11. #11
    TecD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    35
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    We had a Konica Minolta rep in the other day to look at renewing our photocopier contracts. Looking at out current toner replacement costs and printer life-cycle, we're very tempted by their offer. Especially as it would effectively mean replacing all our 10ppm mono printers with 35ppm colour printers at almost no cost!
    There is always cost, if something sounds too good to be true it usually is!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    We do a similar type of deal in the north of England.

    I wouldnt say its too good to be true.

    All toner yield claims need to be treated with cynicism even the OEM,s .

    As a general rule averaged out over the whole school our education users get iro 65% of the claimed yields. ( good equation to work off )

    With a compatible toner yields are less accurate as for starters you can never be certain of toner fill ,quality i.e. more waste toner produced and chip programming.

    See if you can get them to offer a free use of printer fully inclusive of toners ( regardless of coverage ) Parts and servicing on a metered
    monthly pence per click.

    Then it doesnt matter about the yields + no up front costs

    We do it at 1.5p as a guide on price

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. What do you think of this !
    By Fontayne56 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th June 2011, 07:28 AM
  2. What do you think of this?
    By Robz in forum Gaming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 24th November 2009, 07:58 PM
  3. What do you think of this?
    By Hightower in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15th October 2009, 12:32 PM
  4. What do you think of this? Laptop cashback/exchange scheme
    By Little-Miss in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd March 2009, 09:52 AM
  5. What do you think of this plan?
    By gshaw in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th May 2008, 12:58 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •