+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, iPad Sync/Charge Trolley in Technical; Originally Posted by Bashir We have been using loxit lap bank stuff for a while. Have been reliable and robust ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashir View Post
    We have been using loxit lap bank stuff for a while. Have been reliable and robust enough.
    Yeah we find them to be of excellent build quality. By far my favourite at the moment

Thank Post

Prodtest 51 Videos

Quote Originally Posted by _Jo_ View Post
    Thanks all for the useful info.
    The Ergotron rep has assured us the doors have been changed and there are also other security improvements. Our ICT coordinator visited a school that used one a few days ago and they were mainly positive about it, but I will wait to see for myself. (He's bringing one to school this week.)

Interesting to see "prodtest51" on Youtube defeating quite a few other brands of storage, including the Griffin Multidock which we were also considering. Thanks CPLTD for that link, it's proved very useful indeed!
    The Prodtest videos were produced here in the States by an associate of mine. These tested carts are currently available in the US.
    Here is a link to one of these videos: Ergotron iPad cart security test: defeated in less than six seconds - YouTube

Most sync carts are using the USB boards manufactured by Cambrionix, a UK company. To my knowledge, they are the first "non Apple" USB boards that were developed.
    The most secure carts are only available in the States, manufatured by Datamation. They use a heavier gauge steel body, drill proof locks, and heavy duty hinges. They are generally lower in price than imported carts and other manufacturer's in the States.

I have not seen the new and improved Ergotron doors, so I cannot comment at this time. When I first viewed them in 2011, I told the rep that the doors were poorly constructed. Their response was not positive.

John J Caprice / Visualedtech

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12