+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, HP ProCurve 5406zl Not Booting After Power Cut in Technical; If you've multiple devices with configs that may change, Rancid is a good idea: Shrubbery Networks, Inc. - RANCID will ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you've multiple devices with configs that may change, Rancid is a good idea: Shrubbery Networks, Inc. - RANCID

will backup/monitor various device configs, and send a mail when diffs are made.

2. 3 Thanks to Domino:

john (14th February 2013), plexer (12th February 2013), robk (12th February 2013)

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    Any news Dave?

Console port will hopefully throw some light.

Else take out all cards and reseat, and if that does not work take out all the line cards and restart.

Any POE cards? it may bee that the PSU's are over subscribed due to a PSU failure.

Rob
    No news. Waiting for HP's call back. Don't want to try anything new until after I have spoken to them [This via my phone]

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And we're back! A new Management Module in the core switch fixed it.

Now: Business as normal.

Edit: I typed too soon! All of our fibre connected rooms are having problems. Something to do with the VLans on the fibre module.

Edit 2: Looks like it is all up and running again. Resolution: Take the fibre module out of slot C and put it in slot D. Reconfigure one VLan in favour of the new slot. Tested stations work. Move the fibre module back to slot C configure VLan back to original state and check stations. All found working. Called it a day.
    Last edited by DaveP; 13th February 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Thank Post
    I know it's been a few months, but I thought I throw in this update. Today I experienced the same issue as the OP. I scoured the web and this was the only relevant post I found with no real resolution for me. Here's my story.

Restarted my switch today to quickly restart a bunch of PoE phones. The switch never came back up. It flashed the fault light and the DIM light. Tried power cycling, re-seating the management module, removing all modules except the management module, and re-seating all the modules. None of them work. I noticed that there was a CF card and a memory DIMM on the management board. Right above the DIM light is a CF light, so I thought...meh...what the heck, it's already broken. So, I replaced the memory with another one I had spare (replaced the 256MB PC2700U with a 512MB PC2700U DIMM). 'Lo and behold, the switch came back on!!! Thank you God for us being pack rats and having those old memory around!!

Anyways, just thought I post this up on here. This solution worked for me and thought it might help some poor soul who stumbles upon this thread. Keep a spare chassis!! It'd be less stressful.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12