If you've multiple devices with configs that may change, Rancid is a good idea: Shrubbery Networks, Inc. - RANCID
will backup/monitor various device configs, and send a mail when diffs are made.
And we're back! A new Management Module in the core switch fixed it.
Now: Business as normal.
Edit: I typed too soon! All of our fibre connected rooms are having problems. Something to do with the VLans on the fibre module.
Edit 2: Looks like it is all up and running again. Resolution: Take the fibre module out of slot C and put it in slot D. Reconfigure one VLan in favour of the new slot. Tested stations work. Move the fibre module back to slot C configure VLan back to original state and check stations. All found working. Called it a day.
Last edited by DaveP; 13th February 2013 at 08:00 PM.
I know it's been a few months, but I thought I throw in this update. Today I experienced the same issue as the OP. I scoured the web and this was the only relevant post I found with no real resolution for me. Here's my story.
Restarted my switch today to quickly restart a bunch of PoE phones. The switch never came back up. It flashed the fault light and the DIM light. Tried power cycling, re-seating the management module, removing all modules except the management module, and re-seating all the modules. None of them work. I noticed that there was a CF card and a memory DIMM on the management board. Right above the DIM light is a CF light, so I thought...meh...what the heck, it's already broken. So, I replaced the memory with another one I had spare (replaced the 256MB PC2700U with a 512MB PC2700U DIMM). 'Lo and behold, the switch came back on!!! Thank you God for us being pack rats and having those old memory around!!
Anyways, just thought I post this up on here. This solution worked for me and thought it might help some poor soul who stumbles upon this thread. Keep a spare chassis!! It'd be less stressful.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)