+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Obtaining quotes/pricelists for Primaries in Technical; We currently use mostly Viglen and Ergo for all new equipment in all of our Primary schools that our company ...

Thank Post

Obtaining quotes/pricelists for Primaries

We currently use mostly Viglen and Ergo for all new equipment in all of our Primary schools that our company supports and we are reasonably happy with them. The main reason we use them is because we get regular pricelists sent though a couple times a year that we each carry around so that as soon as a school starts asking we can give them some options there and then, and the school can order direct with them.

With the latest schools we started supporting just over a year ago I'm seeing a lot of Dell, Lenovo and Stone machines around and they all seem to be fantastic! I have tried to contact our area manager at Dell but getting a reply from him is like getting blood out of a stone. I contacted Stone through their contact form on their website and didn't get a reply either.

My question is this - how do you guys go about getting pricing from manufacturers? The pricelist method works brilliant for our scenario but I can't imagine that all manufacturers would currently do this.

Thank Post
    Dell have an online portal for school discounts. Generally only get quotes from account manager for our big orders/servers etc

Steve

Thank Post
    We primarily use CCS Media as our account manager there is a legend; turnaround on Dell quotes (or anything else for that matter) in usually a matter of minutes/hours - up to a couple of days for a big, complicated server orders, but rarely more than that. I'll PM you his details and a few other suppliers we regularly work with.

Thank Post
    As it happens the primary we support are in the process of wanting to get 30x laptops and a lapsafe. We've gone to @Millgate as Luke provided them with their other laptops and lapsafe recently. They also have @VeryPC machines throughout which are very nice

5. Thanks to RTFM from:

VeryPC_Andy (6th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Morning @Squip

As RTFM says, we help primary shcools with their Dell quotes all time as well as every other brand including Very PC so feel free to get in touch and we'll be glad to help

Luke

Thank Post
    we tend to use Misco for quotes. Our Account manager gets the response back really quickly, no fuss, and some of the savings even on smallish orders can be quite large, especially for schools with limited budgets. We will tend to stick with misco, as every time we check prices with competitors they are very competitive, delivery tends to be next day and I don't think we ever have to pay any postage with them. Another advantage is we have never found any problems with minimum spends throughout the year to keep an account manager, and for some schools we have, they might only buy 1 laptop and a couple of keyboards or mice a year!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    used to be ring luke @Millgate tell him what i wanted and let him do the hard work.

Although I always bought machines from the likes of Stone/Novatech becuase they would compete on price whereas the likes of HP etc wouldn't.

9. Thanks to glennda from:

Millgate (31st January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    As it happens the primary we support are in the process of wanting to get 30x laptops and a lapsafe. We've gone to @Millgate as Luke provided them with their other laptops and lapsafe recently. They also have @VeryPC machines throughout which are very nice
    A bit late to the party here!

Thanks for the mention @RTFM

@Squip happy to look at your spec requirements Desktops, Laptops etc . We can get a monthly pricelist sent across with a portfolio of products to your custome spec sent across if that would help for budgets / ease of purchase . I'll PM my details across.

Cheers

Andy

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread