+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP laserjet p2015 (insuficient memory) in Technical; we have a number of these printers. When we get a ticket saying they not working its usually because they ...

Thank Post

HP laserjet p2015 (insuficient memory)

we have a number of these printers.

When we get a ticket saying they not working its usually because they are saying insufficient memory in the event logs.
    Staff say they aren't sending large files to printer.

we are using a pcl6 driver

could this be driver related????

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,661 Posts
    What you need is a print management tool like Papercut to find out what they are sending.

It may only be a 1 page photo that's screwing it, but if that photo is 5 squillion Gig in size, it'll blow the printer memory!

EDIT

It's often uncompressed pictures in a Word or Powerpoint document that cause the problem.
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 23rd January 2013 at 10:01 AM.

Thank Post
    Yes i agree printer man would help, but is on the network man plan long term.

its never been seen to be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    What you need is a print management tool like Papercut to find out what they are sending.

It may only be a 1 page photo that's screwing it, but if that photo is 5 squillion Gig in size, it'll blow the printer memory!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodheadDC View Post
    Yes i agree printer man would help, but is on the network man plan long term.

its never been seen to be needed.
    I think you've just found a reason... most of us get it to stop the ridiculous toner bills and this use is a helpful by-product!

Thank Post
    yeah. i know. i ran paper cut when i was admin ad last job. great -product.

Certainly worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I think you've just found a reason... most of us get it to stop the ridiculous toner bills and this use is a helpful by-product!

Thank Post
    I seem to remember having a similar message about memory on a Laserjet and it turned out to be a misleading error, was actually down to it not detecting an IC on the compatible toner. Could be completely unrelated but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thank Post
    the error about the IC on the toner is usually "supply memory fault" we get it occasionally with our xerox compatible carts. Printer out of memory tends to happen to us when people try and print PDF books, we find that choosing 'print as image' at 150dpi in the advanced printing dialogue fixes it, but we've seen it, as has already been suggested, when people try and print huge files. the last time was a 420mb illustrator document that entered the queue at 1.15gb.

Thank Post
    We get this issue with the 2015 allot, we run PCounter and generically find its users sending huge files to the printers, even with PCounter it still to large for the printer to cope with. I find it usually pages of images in word which have been re-sized but left with the ridiculously high DPI. Unfortunately with-in a school there is no way to stop people doing this. I wouldn;y say its a fault with the driver as we have tried so many iterations of HP drivers you could go mad none seem to make it better.

Thank Post
    i think the staff using these just educating a bit on images..
    We were thinking to try this on them.

CB423A-HY A Hewlett Packard equivalent 256MB DDR2 DIMM. From Hypertec (lifetime warranty)

Quote Originally Posted by jdell View Post
    We get this issue with the 2015 allot, we run PCounter and generically find its users sending huge files to the printers, even with PCounter it still to large for the printer to cope with. I find it usually pages of images in word which have been re-sized but left with the ridiculously high DPI. Unfortunately with-in a school there is no way to stop people doing this. I wouldn;y say its a fault with the driver as we have tried so many iterations of HP drivers you could go mad none seem to make it better.

Thank Post
    We had this and upgraded the memory on a number of the printers! this did not solve the issue, ended up asking pupils/staff to split the printing pages if the document was huge! HP were zero help also still have a ticket open with them.

Thank Post
    in my experience the hp laserjets 2015 and 1320 series have got enough memory for most print jobs in offices (unless of course there are huge pictures involved). we had a lot of them in university offices and i got called in to fix them regularly. after our admin replaced about 5 of them (money wasn't an issue...) i looked into it and tried baking the formatter board. worked like a charm. i am still running the last one that was supposed to be in the trash by now. apparently hp was cheap with the solder agent. before buying new memory or printers i'd give this a try!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blomson View Post
    in my experience the hp laserjets 2015 and 1320 series have got enough memory for most print jobs in offices (unless of course there are huge pictures involved). we had a lot of them in university offices and i got called in to fix them regularly. after our admin replaced about 5 of them (money wasn't an issue...) i looked into it and tried baking the formatter board. worked like a charm. i am still running the last one that was supposed to be in the trash by now. apparently hp was cheap with the solder agent. before buying new memory or printers i'd give this a try!
    We had similar issue with HP2015 all we did was to install memory and this has worked a treat.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread