+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, PC Tablet or Digital Note Pad?? in Technical; ...

Thank Post

PC Tablet or Digital Note Pad??

Hi Guys,
    Hoping one of you technically savvy people can help me.

Is there hardware or software out there that can assist me with what Iím trying to do.

In our business we have a requirement whereas we have a printed out table (from ms excel, printed on an A4 paper) that we basically fill in the rows and columns with text. We then send it down to administration to be manually entered into MS Excel and then saved away for use. The reason we hand write into this table on the A4 sheet and not directly enter it into the computer is because itís just one of those tasks that our engineers find it far quicker and easier to hand write and our admin staff can type a lot quicker they our engineers for manual excel entry.

What we are looking for is a device whereas the table is displayed on a digital notepad or Tablet and our engineers can hand write on the screen with one of those touch pens and either the device automatically detects/determines the text and enters it in the specific cell as you go or can save the completed hand written table on the tablet and can convert it to excel document.

I would also consider scan to text software if there is a good solution out there, however most of the software like that I have tried is fairly primitive unless you have perfect print and a perfect scanner.

Any suggestions is very very much welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks In advance,
    River

Thank Post
    Hi People,

I was forwarded a great solution, thanks again.

Cheers,
    River

Quote Originally Posted by rivergum_23 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Hoping one of you technically savvy people can help me.

Is there hardware or software out there that can assist me with what I’m trying to do.

In our business we have a requirement whereas we have a printed out table (from ms excel, printed on an A4 paper) that we basically fill in the rows and columns with text. We then send it down to administration to be manually entered into MS Excel and then saved away for use. The reason we hand write into this table on the A4 sheet and not directly enter it into the computer is because it’s just one of those tasks that our engineers find it far quicker and easier to hand write and our admin staff can type a lot quicker they our engineers for manual excel entry.

What we are looking for is a device whereas the table is displayed on a digital notepad or Tablet and our engineers can hand write on the screen with one of those touch pens and either the device automatically detects/determines the text and enters it in the specific cell as you go or can save the completed hand written table on the tablet and can convert it to excel document.

I would also consider scan to text software if there is a good solution out there, however most of the software like that I have tried is fairly primitive unless you have perfect print and a perfect scanner.

Any suggestions is very very much welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks In advance,
    River
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 4th January 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Removed commercial link.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread