Poll: Did you find this helpful?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Help with Acer Aspire 5680 in Technical; Hi all, I just bought a new Acer laptop and it keeps switching itself off not long after I boot ...

Thank Post

Help with Acer Aspire 5680

Hi all,

I just bought a new Acer laptop and it keeps switching itself off not long after I boot it up. I am running it off the AC adaptor and the battery is fully charged up.

I booted the laptop up and waited for it to run me through the XP config wizard that you get with a fresh install.

Then I sat through 10 minutes of the Acer management wizard installing all the Acer apps and drivers for LAN, bluetooth etc.

Once that was set up, I wanted to set up a wireless connection, but the laptop switched itself off. It wasn't anything like going into hibernation or shutting down properly. Instead, it just turns off completely and I have to press the power button for it to boot up.

It keeps switching off after 1 or 2 minutes after booting up into the windows desktop. I have not installed anything on it.

The furthest I got was to finish installing Norton (through it's wizard) and upon scanning for updates, it switched off again!!!

I have read there have been lots of problems with Acers (although, I admit, not knowing these problems before I bought it). Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

If so, what did you do to solve the problem? I heard sending the laptop back to Acer is not worth my time as their support is crap.

Any help with this please?

I also want to add, there are no beeps or sounds when it turns off. I also suspect that it might be overheating as Acer's tend to get quite hot. If so, how do I deal with the overheating problem?

Thank Post

Re: Help with Acer Aspire 5680

I would send it back mate, I deal a lot with Acer and there support i have to admit isn't great but if you have warranty then send it back.

I cant fault them when sending things back, when I have to send things back they come back fixed.

It could be a loose connection on the laptop, thats why it is cutting out.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread