+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, AXSTOR SAN - Problems in Technical; HI Does anyone have Axstor SAN that can help us with our problem or recommend a company who can? Our ...

Thank Post

AXSTOR SAN - Problems

HI Does anyone have Axstor SAN that can help us with our problem or recommend a company who can?
    Our SAN has stopped working, we have rebooted it couple of times, and it stops at different stages when logged in through management console.
    Here is a snapshot of where it stops#

.SAN.png

Thank Post
    You will probably need to connect to the console port and use something like hyperterminal to see what is actually happening/failing.

The Axstor kit is based on istor's GigaStorATX board, but istor has been bought out or set for exclusive use by DLINK/Promise Technology.

I've just upgraded one of our Axstors with the firmware from iStor Networks, Inc. -- Tools and Resources to fix a problem with drives going bad for no reason, seems to work for us, but there are no warranties with it now.

You may also want check the Dlink forum for the DSN-3200 as it also uses a GigaStorATX http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?board=163.0
    Last edited by dbhbbc; 21st December 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Thank Post
    I know this is an old post but I thought I'd add some info and ask a few questions.

You can telnet to the IP of your Axstor box using Putty.
    1. Download Putty here: PuTTY: a free telnet/ssh client
    2. Run it, type the IP of your box (192.168.19.199 by the look of your screen capture) and choose telnet
    3. Click the Open button then login with the same username and password as you use on the management console
    There aren't many options here but it may give you more info than the management console.

I have an Axstor iSCSI box, I think it is an Ai-4000 or Ai-Pro.
    Recently I have had a few disk failures, after the most recent one the RAID 5 array failed to rebuild because of another faulty disk.

I am thinking of rebuilding the array from scratch, how did you guys get on with the iStor firmware?
    Do you think it is wise to stick on the latest GigaStorATX firmware from this page: iStor Networks, Inc. -- Tools and Resources
    Any issues with connecting it to Microsoft iSCSI Initiator in Windows Server 2008 r2?
    I am currently running Axstor firmware 2.6.6.2.

Thank Post
    You could telnet into the box if it booted up far enough, but usually for boot problems you have to connect to the console port directly and this shows you the OS boot process, modules loaded etc.

The iStor firmware seems to work perfectly, at least on our 2 Axstor boxes.

No problems connecting with any initiators that I've tried software or hardware, including Microsofts.

It's your call really, our Axstors are all but decommissioned now and hold only duplicates of data held elsewhere.
    That said, I had no problems when upgrading to the iStor firmware, but it's always best to have a backup just in case.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread