+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Printer developer/drum installed in wrong order (and rant!) in Technical; My Kyocera colour registration was completely out of snyc for the second time. Engineer comes out, recommends whole maintenance kit. ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Printer developer/drum installed in wrong order (and rant!)

My Kyocera colour registration was completely out of snyc for the second time. Engineer comes out, recommends whole maintenance kit. Great, fine.

Engineer comes out and fair enough says "no no, we need to put a file on the printer that'll sort it". Goes and makes a few phone calls. Comes back with a line of text. I sit him at my computer, he then tells me he doesnt use Windows, just Linux. Ok fair dos.
    Show him notepad, he inserts text, saves it. Opens FTP page for printer (currently just through a browser) starts trying to drag and drop file onto webpage grumbling that it doesnt work. I eventually stop biting my tongue, take the mouse off him and open it in Windows Explorer and drop the file in the folder. He then asks me why i have techincal knowledge....because im the Network Manager i say. "Oooh, why am i doing this then?" because thats what you are paid to do.

Anyway, he now starts mumbling that it mustnt have worked cus nothing has happened. I said well it probably needs rebooting. He refuses to reboot it and instead rings some poor sap at Kyocera that he has managed to get a direct line to. Then comes back reboots it, its works but starts saying my firmware is way out of date and it would also fix the issue.

So he downloads the file, I extract it on to MY memory stick, he pops it in and reads the manual. He now stands there for half an hour. I ask if theres a problem, he said "oh, i think its looping, its not doing what it said it would in the manual. i dont really want to reboot it" (which is fair cus i suppose it could brick it) so he rings kyocera again. They say its fine to reboot, its finished. All done it works perfectly.

I then notice there's a line down the magenta and black printouts. He reluctently take the printer apart and finds out that they have some pretty nasty dinks on the rollers. Several phone calls later he is given permission to use the maintenance kit. He does and replaces the innads.

I then notice that puzzled look again so go over to see whats wrong. I notice that on the test sheet, where there should be cyan it was a nice aqua. I then point out instead of yellow, we had a lovely shade of green. A lightbulb moment for him when he realises the developers have been labelled wrong. So Cyan and Yellow are mixed. He then says he cant swap them.

He reckons that the developer (or is it drum?) comes preloaded with some toner and overtime that colours will correct themselves....is this right? (I can nver remember these bits). Or did he just want to go home? The colours have changed tone slightly and it does say adding more toner a lot (ive been pushing blocks of colour through). I'm going to humour him for a few days but these are leased machines so may just call them back.

Will the colours correct themselves?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    My money's on 'No'.

When you do call them back, ask the maintenance company to send someone who isn't a total numpty.

3. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

Little-Miss (5th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,466 Posts
    To be honest he doesn't sound competent to do what he did should have showed him the door.

Allthough I find it hard to believe the printer would accept the wrong parts in the slots?

Ben

5. Thanks to plexer from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    My money's on 'No'.

When you do call them back, ask the maintenance company to send someone who isn't a total numpty.
    Small pool of talent to call on I fear.

I have some similar issues with our leased gear and engineers who are clearly blaggers.

I suggest that you call them again and ask them to send someone else out, and if they can't fix it demand a new machine from them as they have screwed it over by not checking the colours!

7. Thanks to Oaktech from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I didnt stand looking over his shoulder, probably should've...

Thank Post
    There machine - there technician - there error

Call them and ask them to send the relevant person with the relevant parts to resolve all the issues or send a new printer!

10. Thanks to jamesreedersmith from:

Oaktech (5th October 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread