+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Recommend me a NAS box in Technical; Originally Posted by MGSTech I've just installed a HP Proliant 320s Storage server with 3Tb and running Windows Storage server ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Recommend me a NAS box

Quote Originally Posted by MGSTech
    I've just installed a HP Proliant 320s Storage server with 3Tb and running Windows Storage server 2003 cost was about �1,500
    You can also get a 6Tb version
    I was told that configuration would be more suited to a DC MGSTech, If I was looking at the right thing.

This is one set up as a NAS device that'd cost about £5185 (WS2003 Storage Server) 1.5 TB (12 x 146g SAS drives)

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...-78164217.html

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robknowles
    @Mark

SAN's can differ greatly on pricing, I've recently got quotes in from many companies (about 24 in total) and varied from about £3.5K to £42K. If you have about 160 users at any one time I think an iSCSI Version would suffice with SATA Disks (what i've gone for here). I went for a product called InfoTrend A16E-G2130-4, which was about £4K with 8 x 750GB SATA Disks (running as RAID 6). Granted it was only a single controller version but it seem to do the job (awaiting delivery for install during the summer holiday) and has space for an additional 8 hdds as well. Rather than a SAN Switch (which in an iSCSI case would be a normal gbits/s switch) I'm going to directly connect our two file servers (clustered) directly to the SAN Device (it has 4 gbe ports).

Rob
    Thanks Rob. Sounds like a good solution. We do have spare gbe ports to do the same. I'll mention that option to our suppliers to see what we can do.

Just realised there are some spare drive bays in the file servers so looking at that short term. I was really unhappy about rushing this so hopefully that will buy us some time to get this sorted for next summer.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Just realised there are some spare drive bays in the file servers so looking at that short term. I was really unhappy about rushing this so hopefully that will buy us some time to get this sorted for next summer.
    Make sure that your power supply is up to it. We had intermittent drive problems with one of our servers that had six drives installed, it turned out that the psu wasn't up to the job despite the fact that it came with the big server case with eight drive bays.

Thank Post

Sorry for the long delay in replying, have't been getting notification of the replies?

3Tb SATA £1500 Datapact London PM for more info

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12