+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Replace File Server in Technical; We currently have a datacore 2x san setup running on DL180 G5's (mirrored), and our file server has 1.4tb of ...

Thank Post

Replace File Server

We currently have a datacore 2x san setup running on DL180 G5's (mirrored), and our file server has 1.4tb of local storage. I am looking to replace the file server a Thecus or QNAP device and was looking for suggestions.

The NAS will be presented to one of the datacore servers and attached to our virtual Windows 2008 r2 server. My aim would eventually to buy another NAS device to present to the other datacore server to create a mirror of the first.

My budget is a light tight up 2.5k and I was initially thinking of purchasing an 8 bay rack mount and populating with up to 8tb of storage for backups, images and file store.

Thank Post
    I would have thought if you present the storage through datacore, your hit on licensing would be more than your budget (or perhaps you are licensed for a lot more storage than you have?).

The latest generation of Thecus (N12000 etc) have some mirroring functionality built in. We use an N12000 as the back end file storage for 2500 students and a few hundred staff users (peak loads would be a few hundred (~500) concurrent users) and it's performance is fine. I think on your budget, you would be looking at an N8800 pro (8 bay).

Thank Post
    Hey Eben,

We can supply QNAP and Thecus but we also integrate Supermicro, Tyan and Intel systems so if you want to have a look at a few different options within your budget, I'm sure we could help you out.

Drop me a PM if you want a chat !

Ed

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread