+ Post New Thread
Group Project Thread, discussion question...HELP needed... in Coding and Web Development; ...

Thank Post

discussion question...HELP needed...

hello there guys,
    i am doing this assignment and i need help to complete it....
    The question is:It has been said that the advantage that leading-edge retailers such as Dell and Wal-Mart have over their competition isnít technology; itís their management. Do you agree? Why or why not?....

thanks...

Thank Post
    I'd say Dells advantage (over HP and so on) is their marketing - ads in the papers, ads on billboards, ads supporting by PC World (ect) on the TV and ads on Google Ad words.
    This appeals to the 70% of the population who doesn’t know better and so they just go out and buy a Dell....

Having said that HP is still the largest PC retailer...so why is that? My thinking is its part to do with big businesses sticking with the company they trust (personally I wouldn't go near a Dell).

Thank Post
    Presumably you have some evidence or case studies that would give some foundation to that statement and provide some sort of entry point into the discussion.

Arguably, its management's responsibility to lead a company and drive its business. It's up to management to assess the challenges facing the company and decide on the best strategy to maximise potential and minimise risk whilst addressing these challenges, which would involve deploying people and technology in a structure that best facilitates achieving the company's short and long term aspirations. So while the tech support guy may have been really helpful, or the girl on the checkout smiled and wished you a nice day, the board will take credit for any positive feedback and repeat business as it proves the success of the strategy and ethos of the company.

Personally, I wouldn't have said Dell does have the advantage over their competition. But hey, I'm a techy - what do I know? Perhaps multi coloured clip-on notebook covers are the way to make a fortune...

Thank Post
    Thanks guys for the reply but i need the context of information systems....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread