Ours was installed yesterday - has anyone experienced problems getting it to pick up an IP from DHCP? So far it's stubbornly clinging on to its default IP and I can't see any way to 'reboot' the meter in the hope it would go for a DHCP address on its way up. I can connect the software to it if I give a PC on the network an IP compatible with the meter's default one, so it is basically working apart from the IP.
Apparently, the installer chap didn't test the meter over the network, just left us the software on a usb stick... :/
Ours was installed a couple of weeks ago - not been able to get the teachers to have a gander at he lesson plans yet but As a Green Flag Eco School the dashboard is already throwing up some useful data:
That's great specky. Would love one of these here might have to get on to the energy company!!!
I canceled this order after months and months of chasing for a installation date, so disorganized it was unreal!
I've just got this installed in one of schools.
When you run the software on a machine it seems very flaky as to whether it finds the meter on the 1st attempt.
If you manually stick in the IP then it find it but thats not very pupil friendly :)
But the main problem is that it doesn't seem to be reacting to any changes we are making (e.g no difference in any reading with suite air con./all computers on and everything off) :(
We found an electric heater and that made no diff either so I think ours may be a bit a broken of the lag time is beyond my attention span :)
Ours was installed today.
what we don't understand:
1. the real time power consumption is approx 50% more than what shows per half hour on the comparison page. It just doesn't fluctuate enough to make the average that much lower.
2. when we turned off 300 computers the power consumption dropped very gradually over half an hour or more. it wasn't a sudden drop.
any ideas on these why?
I'm starting to think that they are just rubbish :(
Does anyone know of any alternatives to this? Looks like it could be useful but the project has seemingly ended.
on the comparison page. each bar on the chart is only a kilowatt half hour.
on the real time view, I think it doesn't drop off suddenly when you turn stuff off because each point is something like the average of the preceding hour.
its an Awful product! I have the software however the software cant find the device, sometimes it will work for about 5 mins and thats it! their engineers kept saying its your computer, its your firewall! its just doesn't work!
If you go into your 'leccy cupboard, there is a white meter with an lcd display. IF you push the buttons you can see kW and Amps being consumed on each phase - the values on mine are much more realistic than the software says they are e.g 35-45kw total power drain at 10am in a 1 form entry school.
I'd love to use this to identify the main power consuming devices but its just not reliable.
Just had a 2 hours session with a engineer goign around checking installs - one of my schools had had it installed and kept it a little secret :)
So, anyway - it dodn't work and after much faffing it was down to a loose connector inside the logger.
But bit of good news, I told him about my other school not showingthe right readings and he says it'll be a faulty logger and he's off their tomorrow to fix it :)
So at this school, 1/2 form entry, built in 1066 or thereabouts, we are consuming 33amps down a single phase!
He modified the setup to remove the false other 2 phase readings :)