+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Green Computing Thread, Toner Recycling in Technical; I know there is a thread here, but it is 6 months old, so just hoping for a more up ...

Thank Post

Toner Recycling

I know there is a thread here, but it is 6 months old, so just hoping for a more up to date idea of who to use.

Not sure whether we want to raise money for the school, or charity, so options are welcomed.
    We onoly use original cartridges - mainly HP but a few Epson and Samsung (not many) - I see that many companies don't take Epson for some reason.

Also, I read on a few websites that they don't take toners - does this mean all toners including toner cartridges? Or just the bottles of toner from photocopiers for example?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,711 Posts
    HP Toners get returned to HP using this Recycle and Reuse | HP Environment | HP® United Kingdom

The others go to our local Age UK shop. We don't get through many that aren't HP.

rad
    Thank Post
    We send all our HP toners back to HP, We tried getting money for them but it was a game of find the best price for X toner.

Thank Post
    So do you not find it worth while to get the money on offer from other companies?
    Recycling for Schools | Recycling for Schools in association with The recycling factory

Just looking at these - a round pound for everything - all of ours are originals as well.

5. Thanks to SamanthaJane from:

fiza (21st February 2013)

Thank Post
    Recycool - Recycling mobile phones and printer cartridges with schools for cash

This is the one we used to use, it's really easy and dead straight forward, just box them up and request pick-up, all free
    Last edited by andrew_91090; 21st February 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaJane View Post
    So do you not find it worth while to get the money on offer from other companies?
    Recycling for Schools | Recycling for Schools in association with The recycling factory

Just looking at these - a round pound for everything - all of ours are originals as well.
    Looks interesting but how do you get the toners to them? If its a collection service then that sounds good.

Thank Post
    I have loads of Gelsprinter used cartridges, Ricoh make it very difficult to send them back so I have a big box full of them.

Thank Post
    We use these guys Toner Cartridge and Mobile Phone Recycling | Office Green
    No money back but free collection.

Thank Post
    Yes. Free collections. Don't even need to itemise them. We used to use mobeytoschools but seems really fiddely.

I also looked at recycool. They are pretty much the same as these guys. Only reason I went with these was because I Iost the link to recycool and couldn't remember their name!

Thank Post
    I am thinking of trying these guys:GreenIBIS Recycling as they are based in Worthing which is only up the road from us. I have around 100 toner cartridges from HP Laserjet printers, collected over the last couple of years, couldn't bear to just throw them out. The only problem is that they say the cartridges must be put into boxes for collection with around 20 in each! Some of these cartridges are huge so we don't have boxes big enough to fit 10 in , let alone 20!
    They don't charge anything to pick them up though and they seem happy enough if the cartridges are refurbed ones, not genuine HP.
    Will re-post when we've had them collected.

Thank Post
    To keep the cost down we only buy refilled cartridges and I don't think they are accepted so it still means more landfill.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    To keep the cost down we only buy refilled cartridges and I don't think they are accepted so it still means more landfill.
    We mostly use a single supplier that manufactures/refurbs the cartridges themselves and accepts their own empties back, plus even pays us for them despite the fact they're reusing them for us. Doesn't get much greener than that and keeps the costs rock bottom.

Thank Post
    I use Green ibis recycling. They are free and collect on the date you specify. Only problem is finding a box big enough to put the toners in as they don't supply them.

Thank Post
    We use Each One Counts. They provide the boxes and collect free of charge. We put all our used toner cartridges in the box which aren't originals so just keeps the wheel turning in my view! Any revenue raised goes to charity - you can select from a list when you use the webform to arrange collection.

My only issue at the moment is that the last 2 occasions we have requested a collection it has taken a long time for the request to be acknowledged, usually after our preferred collection date! Hopefully it is just a temporary blip though as I have used them for four years previously without any issue.

Thank Post
    Green source solutions are good. They are suppliers of nearly everything and you can send them anything for recycling the pay for and arrange pick-up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast