+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Graphics Requests Thread, New school logo required. in EduGeek Graphics; I’ve got three schools on tomorrow. One is this one you’re doing now but I’m sure the other two would ...

Thank Post
    I’ve got three schools on tomorrow. One is this one you’re doing now but I’m sure the other two would like your services. Will it be ok to approach those two with the understanding that it’s done on an as and when you get time basis.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwobbly View Post
    I’ve got three schools on tomorrow. One is this one you’re doing now but I’m sure the other two would like your services. Will it be ok to approach those two with the understanding that it’s done on an as and when you get time basis.
    Although @SYSMAN_MK is too nice to say it ... if the schools are after a few things then it might be worth making a donation to him for his work.

3. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

SYSMAN_MK (17th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Although @SYSMAN_MK is too nice to say it ... if the schools are after a few things then it might be worth making a donation to him for his work.
    Agreed! - This chap is very talented and I know spends many many hours helping out people with these kind of requests. :-) Making a donation to him for all the time and effort he puts in to make some cracking designs / images would be very appreciated by him and I personally would be pleased to see people marking there acknowledgement of his efforts by making a donation of X amount.

Keep up the good work Paul your a good man.

James.

5. Thanks to EduTech from:

SYSMAN_MK (17th June 2012)

Thank Post
    No offence intended but just to put you in the picture..

I agreed a price with Paul for each logo he does yesterday via pm. I made the £25 donation for this one at 7.30 this morning.

His sig now reflects the fact that he requires a £25 donation to release the vector file and his latest image has a sample watermark after our conversation. Paul’s talent is beyond question but don’t tell him I said that as he might put his prices up.

7. 3 Thanks to mrwobbly:

EduTech (17th June 2012), GrumbleDook (18th June 2012), SYSMAN_MK (17th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Yes that's fine.

Thanks for the kind words @GrumbleDook & @EduTech

As @mrwobbly has said he has kindly donated for his logo and has mentioned the possibility of other schools needing logos.

Also as mentioned as much as I love doing these requests, and love helping out the EduGeek community and all the positive feedback, time is now a limited resource and to continue I really need to make it worth my while. There have been over 150 requests over the past 2 years, some of which have taken a good few hours to complete, so I feel the £25.00 is fair and at the end of the day if the members requesting don't like the result they haven't lost anything. It just means that if they are happy or need some tweaks made I can carry these out in the knowledge that I will be compensated for my time.

I would also like to take this opportunity to give a huge thanks to those members who have donated in the past, you know who you are, I can't thank you enough!

9. 3 Thanks to SYSMAN_MK:

GrumbleDook (18th June 2012), mrwobbly (17th June 2012), SimpleSi (17th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No offence intended but just to put you in the picture..

I agreed a price with Paul for each logo he does yesterday via pm. I made the £25 donation for this one at 7.30 this morning.

His sig now reflects the fact that he requires a £25 donation to release the vector file and his latest image has a sample watermark after our conversation. Paul’s talent is beyond question but don’t tell him I said that as he might put his prices up.
    It was not directed at you personally, sorry if it sounded that way.

Fair play to you sorting out the man. Good to know.

James.

11. Thanks to EduTech from:

mrwobbly (17th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    It was not directed at you personally, sorry if it sounded that way.

Fair play to you sorting out the man. Good to know.

James.
    No problem. It didn’t sound that way and was not taken as such.

I took it as you thought Paul was putting in a lot of work unrewarded. You had know way of knowing about the PM’s.

Nick

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12