+ Post New Thread
General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, Conference 2006 Venue Needed in EduGeek Stuff; ok we was talking about trying to hold it at dos_box place unfortuntly we are in a catch 22.. db ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Conference 2006 Venue Needed

ok we was talking about trying to hold it at dos_box place unfortuntly we are in a catch 22..

db conference stuff place is not owned by them so chances of getting it free are very unlikely....

But to get funding from somewhere we need a location but we cant book db place unless we have funding so see catch 22..

So anybody out there in edugeek land willing to host the conference ok the requirements we have are as follows...

Must be free - in exchange place we will get advertising as supporting us which means logos on handouts logos appearing on slides in parts of presentation... When we do intro talks and thankyous at end of day we will mention the places name. Videos of the event will be on-line with placed mentioned etc you get the idea.

stable Interment connection - a must

wireless net connection - pref not end of world as we might be able to bring wireless access point etc with us..

Some kind of wireless mic system so speakers etc can have be heard and more importantly the video will pick up speakers

video cameras - again not end of world if not got them but helps us with logistics.

willing to help on day and lead up - sorting it lot hard work yes you get few people (me and few others) helping but is lot of hard work involved.

catering - now most schools have outsourced catering companies for school dinners so we want to use them we should be able to provide funding...

rooms - well basicly need one room to hold at last 30ish people with chairs etc to sit on and then it must have a projector/screen/ net connection..

Then need at last two computer rooms to hold about fair numbers as at one point probably have two computer based sessions going on at same time.

Next somewhere for food last time we had food in a room and they eat in another computer room with tables in middle in a square but don't mind as long as place they east they are able to talk to people in room sounding them...

wok so see not a lot

we plan for this to be easter time so any offers would be great pm with details and will go from there.

if you have place that meets some of stuff but not all of it dont worry pm us as we might be able to work around it..

Cheers

Russell

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Conference 2006 Venue Needed

oh yer and a local drinking hole for after conference fun....

oh and once we get funding we might be able to make a donation to place provding venue...

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Firstly, I think this thread needs to be linked on the main menu - I didn't see it until Russ told me privately.

I presume the area/ location is quite critical. I'd love to host at mine - Newtown, Mid-Wales - just over the border from Shrewsbury - but may be a little out of the way for most. We meet all requirements except radio mic and wireless AP's [we just have the 1], and our large suites are a block apart so minor trudging would be involved.

I'm sure it'd be ok to host free. Catering wouldn't be a problem. Internet connection is good & stable. Only problem I forsee is our staff are always in and bound to disturb me!

I'm away some of Easter but depends on date. For a later event if you want/ think it'd be worthwhile, considering the location.

Also, we pay via gest for our quarterly tech meetings with the local LEA, so there may be money there we can claim [from all attendees]. I claimed travel expenses to the first conference from this pot, the head was very keen saying it was important training.

That's all for now. It makes you realise what a top job Tony did for this years event - plus of course everyone else managing it in the background Cheers again guys!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

probably should say want somewhere north....

thanks for offer mark if we get more than on offer then i will do a poll....

Russ

p.s

now in main news

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

also ideas on stuff you would like to see would be good

hopefully now that we have done this once will be easier to get more people to talk..

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

hello anybody

hey mark it is very lonley in here with just two of us

Russ

aka a that message as a bump

Thank Post

i'm here... i intend to ask the head about this when i see him soon

Thank Post

We dont have the facilities here I'm afraid. The rooms were that bad at the beginning of the year an Art class had been timetabled in the Chapel!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

dont worry was just keeping the message in top 10 msgs etc.....

if you need any info ric let me know

Russ

Thank Post

Right, I've only been on EduGeek for a few weeks but we've got an Auditorium which will hold about 70, WiFi, 100Mbit stable internet, Video Recording/Streaming Facilities, Catering can be arranged and we also have rooms with Computers.

I'll check with the Director to see if we could have it all for free, are there any specific dates in mind? If it's all planned well enough ahead i'm sure he'd be happy for it to happen here.

We're based in Middlesbrough, for those of you who have no idea where it is, click here. We're about 40 miles south of Newcastle and 60 miles north of Leeds.

PS Theres two good pubs within walking distance too

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

check pm indie

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

just to let people know posted news about conference here is details so far http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?nam...article&sid=66 more info to come in next few weeks.

Also thankyou to those who offered venue etc and dont worry we willt ake people up on venues in future conferences

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread