+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General EduGeek News/Announcements Thread, BETT Registration in EduGeek Stuff; Can I suggest that if you have not yet registered for BETT 2011 that you do so now: BETT 2011 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 989 Posts
    Blog Entries

BETT Registration

Can I suggest that if you have not yet registered for BETT 2011 that you do so now:

BETT 2011

It promises to be the biggest one yet and as always we'll feed you at lunch (first come, first served) with free pizza

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Can I suggest that if you have not yet registered for BETT 2011 that you do so now:

BETT 2011

It promises to be the biggest one yet and as always we'll feed you at lunch (first come, first served) with free pizza
    I came by the stand two years ago, but no pizza was there (11 o clock is my dinner (1st dinner), second one at 2). Plus, everybody just blanked me. Was gutted.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 789 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I came by the stand two years ago, but no pizza was there (11 o clock is my dinner (1st dinner), second one at 2). Plus, everybody just blanked me. Was gutted.
    Did you actually come say hello though - we get so many people come by and not wanna talk to us, or conversely start a massive conversation, that we can't actively engage every person.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Did you actually come say hello though - we get so many people come by and not wanna talk to us, or conversely start a massive conversation, that we can't actively engage every person.
    I have a terrible memory, but I think I said hello to Tony who was playing with some remote control robot at the time. I think I also saw a meatloaf look-a-like, and somebody that was drop dead gorgeous, but everyone was just so busy I didn't want to come along and say "Hey, I'm Hightower" to be met with a grunt and look of disapproval.

I know you guys aren't actually like that but I'm pretty self consious and paranoid so that's how it went down in my head.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Still trying to find a way to blag a visit to BETT, not been to one yet.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Second dinner? Are you a Hobbit? Sorry if you felt you were being intentionally blanked, that wouldn't be the case. It just gets to a certain point where we end up staring at name badges as we meet so many people faces blur into one and we need visual pointers.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Still trying to find a way to blag a visit to BETT, not been to one yet.
    Easy, go saturday (presuming you work in a school). That's what I'm planning to do.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Second dinner? Are you a Hobbit? Sorry if you felt you were being intentionally blanked, that wouldn't be the case. It just gets to a certain point where we end up staring at name badges as we meet so many people faces blur into one and we need visual pointers.
    I wouldn't say it felt intentional - it was plain to see that everyone was busy, and I just didn't want to intrude. Kind of like when I was a kid I would take longer to eat my dinner but by the time I got outside people had already started a game of football. They probably would have let me play had I asked but I didn't ask because I thought I'd missed the boat.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One of the problems with visiting the stand is that it is a working information point. Whilst we are trying to say hello to the great and the good that is the EG Massive, there is also information and help to be shared with people ... I do apologise if I have blanked people in the past (and I know I have and I still owe a few folk some beers) but it is never an intentional thing ... and I'm pretty sure most of the stand regulars can agree with that ... that is one reason why the free pizza is there as a focal point for everyone getting together and catching up for a good 30-60 mins or so.

As for not knowing everyone ... well ... I do get strange looks when I follow people around Olympia and finally ask them if they are WickedMan323 (name changed to protect the innocent).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 789 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nah, just come and shout obscenities at us next time, we tend to respond then ;-)

Also, no prizes for guessing the meatloaf look-a-like......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say it felt intentional - it was plain to see that everyone was busy, and I just didn't want to intrude. Kind of like when I was a kid I would take longer to eat my dinner but by the time I got outside people had already started a game of football. They probably would have let me play had I asked but I didn't ask because I thought I'd missed the boat.
    Please do intrude. Most of the people we talk to do! We will also be able to tell you where teh really intersting stuff is. We will have a team going around and tweeting live about the really funky stuff and where to find it, as well as our traditional 'Where the best freebies are' section
    Also, if you are there overnight and want to hang out we'll gladly take you to dinner with us. Just ensure you bring a funky phone or device. BETT regulars will be able to tell you why.

Thank Post
    So would it be a good idea to have a thread where people can upload a photo of themselves if they want to be recognised at BETT 2011. That way the shy (like me) may be stopped by someone who isn't so shy because they can recognise me. Also, it might be possible to recognise someone away from the EG stand.

Is that a good/bad idea?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Nah, just come and shout obscenities at us next time, we tend to respond then ;-)

Also, no prizes for guessing the meatloaf look-a-like......
    I've had a haircut y'know. And now wear glasses

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Blank This Man at Your Peril!

How can you miss Hightower, ignore him at your perill in 2011.......ask Sweetchuck he did once, but never again!

Sorry couldn't resist it......ha ha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BETT Registration-hightower.jpg  

15. Thanks to CPLTD from:

SimpleSi (15th December 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Or you could make yourself a little badge with 'Hightower' on it - then we would know...

17. Thanks to witch from:

SimpleSi (15th December 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast